Ex UK CVRT Fleet going to Latvia

mill comms

Should have gone to Withams, at 20k a vehicle it would make a lot more sense than this.........

Latvia will buy from the United Kingdom 120 CVR(T)s or Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (Tracked) armored vehicles for 70 million euros and the first vehicles will be delivered in 2016, Minister of Defence Raimonds Vejonis told the press.

Even though these will be second-hand vehicles, they will be upgraded before handing them over to Latvia, he said. In order to reduce the costs, most of the upgrading will be done in Latvia.

"Although used, these armored vehicles have already proven themselves in battles,” the minister said, noting that Latvia had to consider its limited budget capacity.

Withams do not have that many. They have quite a few, just not the gearboxes to go with most of them!

They do not necessarily need to come from Withams, all the Chalenger 1s and Scammell Commander transporters went directly from MOD to Jordan.

Withams do not have that many. They have quite a few, just not the gearboxes to go with most of them!

Where have all the gearboxes gone??

CVRT Sturgeons went from BATUS to Castlemartin then went to Withams, But member Agripper reports in a thread the following quote.........No. But it does begine with a "S". They are all running and apart from 1 where drivable. they all have the cummins powerpacks in. I managed to get some spares for mine but could not get the powerpacks out.

The BATUS fleet had upgraded gearboxes. I guess they removed them all to fit to the remaining vehicles. There is a big problem with gearbox casings cracking and they can not get spares, most of the vehicles which have gone for disposal have the gearbox missing.

Like all these things, there will probably be loads around in 10 years time once the vehicles are all scrapped!

I don't think the Sturgeons at Withams are the ones from Castlemartin.

Chris