Land Rover 110 Gulf War colours

Steve110

Hello all,

Its time for me to repaint my 1987 110 hardtop again. Its currently nato green and matt black camouflage colour, with no markings except the union flags on front and rear wings.

My son would love to have it painted in gulf war colours. While serving in the Royal Air Force, I spent a while as part of UKMAMS at RAF Lyneham and I thought of adding MAMS insignia.

Would 'sand' colour paint be all I need?

I realise a lot of vehicles were hastily painted before departure, or even during the voyage, but I want to paint it properly.

Any help or information would be much appreciated, thankyou.

Also, I'm desperately looking for a Land Rover 101 project. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, following the first Gulf, I worked for a company reworking ex-military vehicles predominantly Land-Rovers most of which ex-Gulf. The colour and finish were varied from light stone almost white to dark sand and many shades in-between. Vehicles from the same unit varied in colour, paint texture, size and position of markings not to mention the degree of personalisation of equipment fitting - enjoy