Importing and collecting a vehicle from UK port

Does anyone here have any recent experience of collecting a vehicle from UK port of arrival ? I have bought a Dodge WC52 from a dealer on MILWEB which arrives from Holland shortly, I want to make certain I have all the documentation needed to collect it so as not to have a wasted trip. Do I have to complete the NOVA form BEFORE I pick it up or anytime within 14 days of arrival ? If anyone here can advise me exactly what I need it would be much appreciated, thank you. :)

I imported a carrier from the states a few years ago but I used a shipping agent and all the paperwork was sorted for me all I had to do was pick it up from the collection point show the ticket to the guy on the gate and I was on my way. you could try and contact one of the agents at the port of entry and ask them for a bit of info or employ them to act on your behalf.

rick

I imported a carrier from the states a few years ago but I used a shipping agent and all the paperwork was sorted for me all I had to do was pick it up from the collection point show the ticket to the guy on the gate and I was on my way. you could try and contact one of the agents at the port of entry and ask them for a bit of info or employ them to act on your behalf.

rick

Thanks for that Rick, I am picking up tomorrow so will take the following with me and pray :D The bill of sale, passport, utility bill, shipping number, the sellers phone number, and explain I could not complete the NOVA form as until the truck arrived I could not fill in date of manufacture and mileage. Reading the NOVA form instructions it APPEARS I have fourteen days from the vehicles arrival in the UK to complete the form so hopefully that's correct :undecided: I applied for a V55/5 from Swansea over two weeks ago to start the registration process as yet it hasn't arrived, all DVLA mail must go via Australia :D

Thanks for that Rick, I am picking up tomorrow so will take the following with me and pray :D The bill of sale, passport, utility bill, shipping number, the sellers phone number, and explain I could not complete the NOVA form as until the truck arrived I could not fill in date of manufacture and mileage. Reading the NOVA form instructions it APPEARS I have fourteen days from the vehicles arrival in the UK to complete the form so hopefully that's correct :undecided: I applied for a V55/5 from Swansea over two weeks ago to start the registration process as yet it hasn't arrived, all DVLA mail must go via Australia :D

Soon as you get it back let me have the details and we will get an inspection sorted :D

• 2 weeks later...
Soon as you get it back let me have the details and we will get an inspection sorted :D

This is just a HUGE thank you to everyone for the advice especially Chris and Roger from the MVT who put up with me pestering them and sorted my Dodge inspection/verification so quickly. I was worried that I had left things too late to get my recent purchase road registered and fit for the Normandy 70th celebrations but with their invaluable advice everything went smoothly and the DVLA surpassed themselves in processing my application in three days ! Once again a huge thank you to these MVT members for their help and advice they are a credit to the MVT and work tirelessly without pay to help us all. If you both make it to Normandy or any event for that matter come and find me I owe you a beer or three.:thanx:

Just the right amount of wear! After all they are, not were, ARE! working trucks.:D

Yes in it's working clothes just how I like them. I do not intend to paint it but after Normandy I will waxoil the chassis etc. This truck has all its original data plates etc so quite a find I think. Does anyone here know if the build cards are still available through the Chrysler Museum ?

http://www.wpchryslermuseum.org/ They are a very helpful bunch. E mail them the chassis number first and you will be told if they have it, then you can send cash for a copy. Some cards a are single, others are in a batch. I was lucky , both mine have complete cards.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated. I have contacted them so hopefully will hear back shortly, will keep you posted :D

Try Gordon's forum, there is a list of numbers there that will give an idea. I finally had to clean real Somme mud of mine, nearly cried. :-D

Where do I find Gordon's forum ? The mud on mine is from it's trip to the Ardennes this year seems a shame to wash it off too :D