GMC Tyres ??

Adrian Scott

Question

8 answers to this question

I bought Firestone NDCC tyres for my M151A2 from http://www.northhantstyres.com/index.html - they weren't cheap though!

I think if you want a branded 7.50x20 for your GMC your options are limited and you could pay £250 plus vat .each when you find them...but may be a good idea for the front axle whose tyres work an awful lot harder than the rears...

I bought Speedway,s for the rear of my truck from John Gray at Grays Automotive service for around £140 each. which look fine and Ok up to now..

We had 11 750/20 off John Gray about 4 years ago....good then, good now.

We also had a couple of 900/16 (not fitted yet) and if I needed any more tyres I would always try him first.

He is well into the mil vehicle scene and by and large knows what people want.

John is a nice easy guy to deal with. (BTW I have no connection with John)

Gary

If you are going to change any of the rear 8 tyres beware that it is important to have the circumference's of them as near to the others as possible otherwise you get transfer box wind up and it puts undue strain on the drive train components and will wear the other tyres more, this is due to the two rear axles being locked together via the transfer box. This is the situation I am in and its looking like there will be 8 new tyres in the not to distant future :shocked: