M3 Scout Car - Floor

Markus

Hi!

I've got a legal issue and need to draw a comparison between the M3 Scout Car and a Daimler Scout Car.

Can somebody please tell me, if the M3's floor is armoured or if there where non-prototype versions that had armoured floor plates.

many thanks

Markus

Same issue as the Humber Scout Car, no floor armor whatsoever.. Just regular flooring, so a mine would just destroy the interior, that is why you don't really see the HSC in Recce Rgts, unless they were used as liaison or troop leader/commanders vehicles for some overhead protection (elements, small arms and shrapnel), plus it was a little more roomy than the dingos.

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question regarding the shutters protecting the radiator.

Why did they choose this design in favour of an inlet like the dingo has?

How well do the intermediate positions protect the radiator?

Can the engine be operated with the shutters closed?

I have another question regarding the shutters protecting the radiator.

Why did they choose this design in favour of an inlet like the dingo has?

How well do the intermediate positions protect the radiator?

Can the engine be operated with the shutters closed?

The Dingo radiator louvres are there for the cooling air to be emitted as they draw air under the engine cover. No comparison with White cooling arrangement. They are fixed on the Dingo.

The Dingo radiator louvres are there for the cooling air to be emitted as they draw air under the engine cover. No comparison with White cooling arrangement. They are fixed on the Dingo.

For me the point is, that the Dingo's inlet/outlet pulls/pushes the air around a corner where a bullet can't follow, while the White seams to have a very obvious weak point by revealing it's radiator when the shutters are open.