Aerial poles on Ebay

woa2

ITEM 181328964967

These are on ebay at the moment, and they look like the poles carried on Bedford QLR trucks. Can anyone confirm this, and are they any use to a Bedford QLR owner?

I have no connection with the seller and I am just passing on the information.

ITEM 181328964967

These are on ebay at the moment, and they look like the poles carried on Bedford QLR trucks. Can anyone confirm this, and are they any use to a Bedford QLR owner?

I have no connection with the seller and I am just passing on the information.

I think 9 foot eight is rather too long, and am tending to the idea they might be marquee poles.

(I think the military used stick to between 4 and 6 feet for the small masts, and only the trailer transported ones were longer than that - e.g: the 26-ft sections for some of the large towers.

http://www.hariggers.co.uk/odds.htm may be of interest.

Chris

The Ipswich radio club had something similar used for a 50 foot mast at SSB field days in the '80s and '90s - theirs had tapered sections about 12 feet long rather than these which appear to be parallel sided, though. It is interesting to look at the seller's other items - the 30 foot angle iron mast looks like something straight out of the hariggers site !

Regards

Iain

Chris

The Ipswich radio club had something similar used for a 50 foot mast at SSB field days in the '80s and '90s - theirs had tapered sections about 12 feet long rather than these which appear to be parallel sided, though. It is interesting to look at the seller's other items - the 30 foot angle iron mast looks like something straight out of the hariggers site !

Regards

Iain

There's another theory they might be part of the 70-ft mast for the W.S.3 in its 6x4 wireless truck. Working out the scale is likely to be the difficult part since I have no idea of the size of the truck.