Any recommendations for a reputable workshop

fesm_ndt

I am coming to a grinding halt on my Acmat project http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?37439-Acmat-TPK4-20-SM

So I am looking at my options, one of which is to sub it out to finish it off. I seen heaps of sites, with some doing hourly rates and some doing lump sum.

So any recommendations from end users on anyone. I am in Cambridge/Haverhill area the next week so I need someone I can have a face to face with to list the areas need doing or parts that need making.

Mike, it might be worth you listing the types of work you need doing as I'm sure that many members can help with recommendations for firms for particular types of jobs. BTW I was interested in seeing that the plates in the cab were in English so perhaps its a vehicle used by the Irish Army?

Mike, it might be worth you listing the types of work you need doing as I'm sure that many members can help with recommendations for firms for particular types of jobs. BTW I was interested in seeing that the plates in the cab were in English so perhaps its a vehicle used by the Irish Army?

It seems to be working its self out now after a bit of frustration. But I would think a thread with recommended restorers etc would be quite useful..

Not a thread of negative comments as that can end up being a legal wrangle, but some contractors are worth sharing.

I recommend Alex Engineering near Tring, Herts. They moved from Bentley Priory, Stanmore area a few years ago. Their yard at Stanmore held an AEC Matador, a Scammell, a Steam Engine, a Marshall tracked tractor and Land Rovers. Great guys and very friendly. http://www.alexengineering.co.uk/

Edited by LarryH57