Hello from the mountain ranges of south wales

VPope

Hello all I'm Adam from Breconshire in south Wales, I have been reading the hmvf for some time but worked up the guts to register today, I'm a Systems Administrator working for a small ISP/MSP (boring IT person) with absolutely NO experience with HMV's aside from riding in a Chieftain commander seat on holiday when i was very young, and attending Malven millitaria fair. Despite this I do seem to have gotten the bug you all seem to pass around for loving these warhorses.

I'm not sure where to start but I guess an introduction is as good a place as any. I regret that I may be of little help to you for now, but I hope that my other technical knowledge may be of use until I brush up. Any pointers on how to break into hmv's would be appreciated.

Welcome Adam. Yeah i came across this forum by accident but pleased i did, so i can get hints and tips on my poor neglected Jeep, my rusteration... er i mean restoration project.

Steve

[h=1][/h]

Hi Adam and welcome to the HMVF, I have been involved with military vehicles since my time in the forces and have owned quite a few. At present I have a '45 Ford GPW jeep and a '41 Chevrolet G506 cargo truck. My advice would be, try to get to a few shows if at all possible and maybe join the MVT who will no doubt have a local group near you. You do not have to own a vehicle and you will meet many like minded people who will help you decide on the vehicle for you. I warn you this "green" obsession is highly addictive and most of us end up with more than one "toy" ! That said I have made some lifelong friends along the way and had some amazing times, so go for it and good luck. :) Best Wishes, David.

G`Day friend from the top of Wales (plus a little bit more!)

Like you ive been into green stuff for years but never owned a vehicle. I collected militeria most of my life and now im looking for "The Green Machine"

Thank you all for your warm welcome, its good to see there are a few of you in the west with me :) you mentioned joining my local MVT, how on earth would i locate the closest one to me ?