The reason why I am here

Hello,

my name is Johannes from Germany. Me and some friends are working on a 1/300-diorama on the Sword-Beach-Landings.

I am hoping to find answers to some questions which came up when I was looking at the landings tables.

The questions concern trailers and dozers used by the assault wave.

I will post them shortly, after I have checked all threads for possible answers.

Thanks

Johannes

sounds fascinating, do you have any pictures of it?

are you on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forum, there are some folks over there would be very interested especially a chap called Dan Taylor who is building a few large scale D-Day dioramas

Hi Paul,

some pictures can be found here:

http://swordbeach1944.wordpress.com/

As you can see I did not update the website for quite a while. I will do so next week as the "fleet" is 80% complete now and I am beginning with the vehicles now.

Unfortunately the producers of 1/300 vehicles are not very into the subject of amphibious landings. There are just Churchill AVREs, Sherman Crabs and Sherman DDs. We have to scratchbuild all the deep wading equipment for the tanks, carriers, sp artillery, etc.

The diorama table will have the shape of an "L". We are planning a beach length (from Ouistreham to Lion-sur-Mer) of about 5,40 meters. The connection to the Pegasus bridge will be about 4,00-5,00 meters.

We won't cover the defenses of strongpoint "Cod".

I would like to apply for missing-lynx but they don't accept new members at the moment, which is very sad as there are a lot of interesting threads and people.

Thanks for your interest

Johannes

Hello,

my name is Johannes from Germany. Me and some friends are working on a 1/300-diorama on the Sword-Beach-Landings.

I am hoping to find answers to some questions which came up when I was looking at the landings tables.

The questions concern trailers and dozers used by the assault wave.

I will post them shortly, after I have checked all threads for possible answers.

Thanks

Johannes

Hello Johannes and welcome,

I will be following your thread with interest, as I'm sure will many others. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Best wishes, and good luck with your scratchbuilding.

Steve.

Edited by Ex-boy
Mis-spelling

Hi Paul,

some pictures can be found here:

http://swordbeach1944.wordpress.com/

As you can see I did not update the website for quite a while. I will do so next week as the "fleet" is 80% complete now and I am beginning with the vehicles now.

Unfortunately the producers of 1/300 vehicles are not very into the subject of amphibious landings. There are just Churchill AVREs, Sherman Crabs and Sherman DDs. We have to scratchbuild all the deep wading equipment for the tanks, carriers, sp artillery, etc.

The diorama table will have the shape of an "L". We are planning a beach length (from Ouistreham to Lion-sur-Mer) of about 5,40 meters. The connection to the Pegasus bridge will be about 4,00-5,00 meters.

We won't cover the defenses of strongpoint "Cod".

I would like to apply for missing-lynx but they don't accept new members at the moment, which is very sad as there are a lot of interesting threads and people.

Thanks for your interest

Johannes

cheer for the link I will take a look. It says that on the Missing Lynx website but apply anyway, thats what I did. They seem to manually check people