Valve parts Morris C8

Jimmy F

I've been told that there is a place in Devon that make parts for my engine. Anyone know of this manufacturer???

i essentially, part of the valve has torn itself apart. Luckily nothing dropped into the sump! Apparently it's a fairly common thing with these trucks.

Cheers Pete. Called them today, they're going to find a price and get back to me.

there's apparently a place in Devon (not the same place mentioned in the initial post) that has broken a few Morris' and are selling parts off. Tempted to buy a complete engine if the price is right.

Cheers Pete. Called them today, they're going to find a price and get back to me.

there's apparently a place in Devon (not the same place mentioned in the initial post) that has broken a few Morris' and are selling parts off. Tempted to buy a complete engine if the price is right.

Could you let me know if you get in touch I would like to do the same :cool2:

David N

It was a place called 'Cobberton Combat' and was a no go. I've tried J.D Robertson and a ford/classic car spares with no luck.

John Walker has one or two, which I'll be getting, but would like to replace all 8.

it's the tappet that's gone, by the way.

any other suggestions?

as ever - depends how much you are willing to spend

I was quoted £40 per valve to have brand new stellite exhaust valves reverse engineered from the broken one I would provide by this company who are highly recommended in classic car circles

http://www.gsvalves.co.uk/

However in the end I actually got OEM ones off John Walker so did not proceed - I suspect G&S Valves' prices will have risen since then!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The follower was replaced today and she's running. I've replaced the battery and terminals and cleaned the spark plugs so she is currently not just running, but running smoothly. I've also got a new CAV dynamo, so will replace that and change the engine and gearbox oil and the rad water later this week.

Fan belt will need replacing soon, but I've got the belt. She'll be at Aldham Rally on the 9th.

By the way, thanks to everyone who helped! Especially Michael (if he's on here) who did the work on the follower and sorted the spacings for me!

I should have bought this before I moved out of my folks as my tools were actually dads tools! Haha

Glad youve got it running again.

Before you fit the new dyno check all the wiring.

when increasing revs the contacts on the regulator were closing so that implies to me that some thing is being generated somewhere. you may have simply lost the feed between the battery and regulator (via ameter), i had the same problle on the dingo which was traced to a poor connection.

Now youve given your dads tools back, go the the local boot fair...you will find lots on whitworth spanners there for very little money. get several of the small 3/16BSW, 1/4BSW & 5/16BSW spanners, they are the ones you will use and lose most.

singe.:D

Cheers Singe, I've started my collection of tools and have starting playing around with her, learning the bits and bobs.

Also, turns out that she has an early FAT tractor engine, so it looks like they had two or three useless trucks that have been used to create a single GS truck. Whether it was refitted by REME or someone post war I'm not sure about.

I can't imagine that in the years following the war anyone would be inclined to do such a job as it wouldn't have been worth the outlay and after that surely people would want to be restoring back to original.

Either way, it makes no odds to me, I still have a C8 GS :)