HSC Restoration

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any help or questions on your restoration feel free to ask or email me I have done 85% the work on Lance HSC and am completing it this month. Also lance I know the gauges are tilted in the dash I will be fixing that once it is all buttoned up and running correctly. jdc3 at crabtreeusa dot com.

Any help or questions on your restoration feel free to ask or email me I have done 85% the work on Lance HSC and am completing it this month. Also lance I know the gauges are tilted in the dash I will be fixing that once it is all buttoned up and running correctly. jdc3 at crabtreeusa dot com.

Thanks joe for offering help, and you'll see I'm gonna ask information secure and will not be long

Joe in a little while I will pass on the mechanical part is sure surprises will come out

Sure I'll need the engine gasket (cylinder head, intake and exhaust manifolds) for the transmission I hope to be lucky, the HSC has not walked a lot ...... HOPE good

• 4 weeks later...

thanks Lance

I like you a great help, I look forward to hear from you

This week I resume work on the Humber

I allowed myself a holiday in Sicily "Operation Husky" always with military vehicles

The work never fails

72629_10200605856001338_919937238_n.jpg

64837_10200605971724231_1279443155_n.jpg

1017669_10200605758958912_1429644490_n.jpg

Edited by pauletto

I would like to bring the humber in Holland, and has always been my dream to cross the three bridges

I hope to finish it in time the HSC, because I have a project: Bringing the Humber, the universal carrier that you saw in the photos, and a CMP Chevrolet C15 cab 11 - 4X2 hope ....

I also have the appointment of Normandy next year. We'll see!

If the Europe and Italy will fail there before, with this euro ****>:(..... HO! sorry for the bad word

you can say??:-X

Edited by pauletto

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good Luigi... especially the added angles and dimensions on the boxes, wish mine was done like that when the museum originally restored mine, unfortunately they did a horrible job on almost everything......hence my total rebuild as you know...Pretty soon she should look like this..

IMG_0584a.jpg

Edited by lssah2025

Do these boxes was difficult:nut:, I was lucky:) to have the originals, unfortunately not recoverable, the rust has cooked the metal, now I have to redo the left box I do not like, does not have the ribbed profile, and the angles are wrong, in part had already been made up by the first owner, but incorrectly, the road still long and dear Lance, these days you start up the engine, runs like a Swiss watch

• 3 weeks later...

I ask for help

I watched an old wheel tracks # 45 "The SOUT HUMBER CAR" looking at a picture the final assembly line in Coventry mechanical parts (axles, springs, steering arms) are black

Question: mechanical components came from the factory blacks, or were painted the color of the car

Someone can tell me what color to use

thank you Luigi

I ask for help

I watched an old wheel tracks # 45 "The SOUT HUMBER CAR" looking at a picture the final assembly line in Coventry mechanical parts (axles, springs, steering arms) are black

Question: mechanical components came from the factory blacks, or were painted the color of the car

Someone can tell me what color to use

thank you Luigi

Hi Luigi,

When built at the factory, the chassis, axles, gearboxes and engines were all black.

regards, Richard

Hi Luigi,

When built at the factory, the chassis, axles, gearboxes and engines were all black.

regards, Richard

thank you for your quick response

then it is right that makes all the mechanics as black as in the photo, or when they were assigned to the Army re painted all one color?

Sorry if the question is trivial, but I'm Italian and I know some things do not

My car has the chassis number 8531491 ( 1943) ??? which would be the right exterior color ??

Inside the engine compartment was only brown them, I did not find out any original color, only the Italian army green, interior color was silver

Edited by pauletto

thank you for your quick response

then it is right that makes all the mechanics as black as in the photo, or when they were assigned to the Army re painted all one color?

Sorry if the question is trivial, but I'm Italian and I know some things do not

My car has the chassis number 8531491 ( 1943) ??? which would be the right exterior color ??

Inside the engine compartment was only brown them, I did not find out any original color, only the Italian army green, interior color was silver

Hi,

I know Humber Scout Cars and have worked on one. Depending on its date of build it might have white paint inside, but the one I worked on had silver in hidden places behind brackets, so pretty sure it was original. Chassis and axles, engine and transmission black. I am restoring a Humber armoured car and that is definitely silver inside from original, date 1942. The vehicle colour was brown, a good sample found behind a plate that may not have been disturbed since it was built. It was good enough to get a paint match from, this would have been SCC No.2 Brown

• 6 months later...
Bought the Bead Roller, it's time to do the rear fender edge bander I'm fighting with the sheet:red:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95011[/ATTACH]

Some fine skills on show there sir! looks like hot work too :0