HSC Restoration

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I'm sorry but my English is very bad and

The history of this car and very long, started in 1976, I was in the Army Brigade Folgore paratroopers, and a barracks I saw a film (bridg too far) and I fell in love humber of Michael Caine and in 1985 I found one, but the owner I did not want to sell:cry:, follow its path until 2011, and now my house;)

Very nice.

I also notice your friend has a Carrier in the background. Any history on that?

Reply from Luigi: the bren carrier you see in the picture, and I was until a few years ago, I did the restoration, in 1983, and a Ford universal carrier built in Canada in 1942, was a radio equipment MK 19, and was supplied with the Italian Ariete Armoured Brigade of the Armed Forces, and landed at Anzio with London division, the symbol on the front fenders are original.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm redoing the chest right side, difficult operation, in Italy when we restore a British car because we are concerned about the problems begin and complications, I've never seen a car so asymmetric:nut:, electrical lucas (for me and the prince of the night) complicated by fear, and who never go, Here all prefer american cars, unfortunately there are no Italian cars because of the few in the 45 have broken all:cry:

006.JPG

002.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

Looking good, always glad to see a MKI.....let me know when/if you need any additional interior pictures or dimensions of the internal components..

Grazie molte Lence, sabato posto delle foto del radiatore se ti servono per ricostruire il convogliatore della ventola del radiaTORE

Grazie molte Lence, sabato posto delle foto del radiatore se ti servono per ricostruire il convogliatore della ventola del radiaTORE

Thank you very much Lence, Saturday instead of photos of the radiator if you need to rebuild the conveyor Radiator Fan

:red:

sorry forgot to write in English

Who could help me understand how this thing works mechanically?? (two speed control box), I also try a photo of this particular, you can see in the manual first edition of 1946, that behind the air filter there is a switch, what is not mentioned, also in my humber the hole for this disconnector there Help me understand

thanks to all

001 (4).jpg

Luigi, do you have the 2 speed control box, correct carburetor and the larger generator? Behind the air filter is a 2 speed control knob. Which you would turn to high, when you were in a static position, to charge the batteries on the Humber and keep the WS set working, the MK I did not have the 2 speed generator or control knob inside, the MK II did. I sent the MK II dynamo 2 speed to you in a email.r53_067.jpg

42-Humber-Mk-I_Scoutcar4x4_Eindhoven.jpg

891.jpg

humber_mk1_38_of_40.jpg

humberscout1abovyMcNeilly16.jpg

Edited by lssah2025

Complicated machine, I'm going crazy in reconstructing the missing parts, not a single angle of 90 °, and an ongoing challenge

Does anyone have a period film or today as he walks this machine, I got tired of always seeing what's in the film A Bridge Too Far , I'd be grateful if someone put him online

I also like to know the impressions to drive this car, someone has done it

thank you

003 (3).jpg

001 (5).jpg

Edited by pauletto

• 3 weeks later...

HELP

Desperately seeking the water temperature gauge, and one for the oil pressure Smith, and the switch CAV type 47/29, in Italy until recently, it was everything. unfortunately today no longer have thrown everything in the foundry

Can someone help me to find anything?

If it was very hard to find original, can you tell me if there is one that replicates them

I hope to finish it by the 70th of market garden, then I retire, I do not touch a more Tezzo iron and drink tea with a book to read

Thank you in advance

001 (5).jpg

Edited by pauletto

Luigi, I think I have a NIB Cav switch and I just had my gauges restored, I think I restored an extra oil pressure gauge, will check out tomorrow, I can also try and track you down a water temp. gauge.

Also pics of the newly restored gauges going in.

DSCN3575.jpg

These are the gauges, and I think this is the CAV switch, can't remember if this is the picture of it.

CAV DSC_0146.jpg

Oil pressure GaugeDSCN2454.jpg

Other restored gauges that just were installed after being finished in black

DSCN2456.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSCN2450.jpg

DSCN2451.jpg

Edited by lssah2025