Pinkies needed

Snapper

Hello folks,

I am tasked with preparing a piece on Pinkies for CMV and hope to find one or more I can arrange to photograph in full bib and tucker including owners (or not) depending on their wishes and especially if they like to look the part. Equally as important I would like to get any recollections or stories about them, either in service or as preservation projects. I know there is a Pinkie junta on the forum so please get in touch. It may be we meet up at shows. Continuing the long standing bias towards anyone south of the Watford Gap I have to admit that, as a resident of Westcliff On Sea I cannot travel hundreds of miles to do this; which I hope does not seem churlish. Whatever happens I would like to include thoughts and stuff from as far afield as possible, even if this means chatting on the phone or by email. I will be at Beltring, Kelvedon and hopefully the Gunpowders Mills this year, very south-east-centric; but my fulltime job dictates this.

Looking forward to hearing from you...!!

Mark B

I feel I may well be able to help here, given my current pinkie ownership status.... :whistle:

width=640 height=480http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/SAS1dinkie/Samsung-FamilyPhotos052.jpg[/img]

Which are you after, the early 11a pinkie or the later 110. I own a 110 version, and can put you in touch with someone that has a later modded version with the wimk fitted or the only other privatley owned 110's.

I also know of the where abouts of 11 of the Series 11a pinkies and the ONLY 1 of 3 original seires 1 version that is currently in a good state (not Pink)....... located in Glostershire, Wiltshire, Northhampton, Hereford (NOT at Credenhill) and Yorkshire!!! (and myself in West Sussex)

best to give me a tinkle if you are interested in these leads as I will be away from a PC in the next few days. I also know a bit about these machines and know people with stories!!! I restored min from a pile of bits....... and not quite yet finished!!! :cry:

It seems I have to thank you again Karl. There is no massive rush on this. I am keen to deal with as many variants as possible - though, obviously, the classic pink coloured version is also required. I need to do this feature before the autumn, hopefully giving me time to get about. Your views on restoration and ownership will be gratefully received.

see you at the Bunker.

Mark