First impressions in the world of military vehicle enthusiasts

Locolines

I am a newbie having got my first military vehicle a few weeks ago. ( gmc 353 dump ). I have sort of rushed into a bit.!

however I found a Jimmy I was interested in and went to view. The seller wasn't in when I arrived to view it, as I was a bit earlier than the agreed time. I could see the truck parked in the drive but thought it proper to wait till the guy got home so waited in the car. Next thing I know was this lady came out with tea and biscuits while we waited. Very nice thank you !

anyway, the guy turns up and what a great guy he was. Very honest in his description and gave us loads of info. Hence we drove home with our new Jimmy, in the snow.

Next I decided to buy a gun ring. So I saw one advertised and duly went off to buy it.well, what a lovely bloke he turned out to be also. Gave us lots of time and Showed us all over his vehicles gave us lots of tips and advice also. I think we will end up as mates.

i also phoned Rex Ward and polity asked for some spare parts " bugger off" says he. Turns out however he was very helpful and me bits turned up next day. All very good.

next it was stencils from Axholme. Very nice chap there, was very interested in doing the job exactly right for my vehicle.

so all in all, my first impressions with military vehicle enthusiasts was excellent and I look forward to meeting lots of you at various shows this year.

cheers !

Bought in haste? Well, if you want sympathy, go look in a dictionary. :D Welcome to a world of total lunacy! It runs on , as you are now aware, tea, biscuits, mud , grease and Swarfega. The good thing is unlike classic cars, you don't have to go round polishing the air vents with cotton buds, mud is GOOD!

Bought in haste? Well, if you want sympathy, go look in a dictionary. :D Welcome to a world of total lunacy! It runs on , as you are now aware, tea, biscuits, mud , grease and Swarfega. The good thing is unlike classic cars, you don't have to go round polishing the air vents with cotton buds, mud is GOOD!

As well as skinned knuckles, never ending wish list and an empty wallet to boot; but good times.

A week ago a MV owner man and wife bought a helmet from us and came to collect.She wasn't happy with it so I said I can make as desired. So I made it and went to them with my brother. So we stayed some hours chatting away getting drinks and food.Guess you've got unfriendly people everywhere and I suppose also in the MV world. Still we only seem to meet nice people...

Edited by Enigma
Tried to make spacings between sentences by hitting enter but I think IE stuffed that in a update...bugger

I joined the MVCG now the MVT in the early 1980s, my life has been considerabely enhanced by my involvement with my newley acquired circle of friends, I have found my involvement with my friends to be the nearest thing to my army service of the fifties. Any ex-soldier will tell you that his army buddies were like brothers. (I am still in regular contact with my army buddies, and we have a reunion once a year, the next one will be our 54th)