CVR(T) Scimitar - 07 FD 04

sirhc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi matey

Need some help.

Can you let me know how tall is your vehicle / CVRT Scimitar?

Trying to find out the exact height ?

Many thanks

Barry

Barry,

According to the book I have in front of me, overall height less antennas is 2.10 metres.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Not much left to do on the outside, when I get the last few bits ready I'll spray it all green. I've moved on to the inside now. Turret basket assembled and fitted, seats almost ready to go in. Made the cables for intercom to and from the RBJ. Not many weeks till it's heading to Folkestone.

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Running out of days, but at least the list is getting shorter!

Rarden Cannon mocked up and now painted.

IMG_3054.jpg

Today I was able to get a coat of green on everything, finally got rid of the yellow bits!

IMG_3120.jpg

Number plates made too, still got turret bin armour to finish off and some rear reflectors, and the seats etc inside.

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

Looking forward to getting this done and actually drive it. Next project is already waiting quietly in the background.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Last few jobs, Bowman external connection box fitted.. More holes drilled for that.

image.jpg

Turret basket assembled, not complete but enough to make it usable. I also put a set of crew boxes in for the intercom.

image.jpg

With those last few jobs done, levels checked, wheel nuts torqued up and it was ready for its first outing.

image.jpg

We were asked to provide a few vehicles for a local armed forces day show in Ripley, Derbyshire. In total the Scimitar did around 30 miles on the roads over the weekend, it runs and drives well but the handbrake drags a bit causing some smoke. I will back it off next weekend, give it a clean and then it's ready for a trip to Folkestone. See you there!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 month later...
With those last few jobs done, levels checked, wheel nuts torqued up and it was ready for its first outing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116791[/ATTACH]

We were asked to provide a few vehicles for a local armed forces day show in Ripley, Derbyshire. In total the Scimitar did around 30 miles on the roads over the weekend, it runs and drives well but the handbrake drags a bit causing some smoke. I will back it off next weekend, give it a clean and then it's ready for a trip to Folkestone. See you there!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116792[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116793[/ATTACH]

wouldnt mind supporting this event next year if they need vehicles, up the road from me.