Stuart M5A1

M5Clive

Progress is not particularly quick, but I did manage to get the final crop of components blasted, primed and painted the other day.

The green looks a little bit french in these shots but thankfully they tone down significantly in reality ;-)

width=640 height=480http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/Feb2007MVpics012.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/Feb2007MVpics027.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/Feb2007MVpics015.jpg[/img]

Wonder how long they will stay looking this good :?

Cds

Moving home and tank workshops (over 200 miles). Writing a book, and also countless MV related articles for Windscreen. Fully overhauled the Dodge Command Car, with more than a little help! Bought, ran for two seasons and moved on a GMC, see piccy to the left. Finished off my Willys MB project, before selling it. Organised 4 Living History/MV events in Wiltshire + the current one in Suffolk. Starred in the very first episode of Channel 5's The Physic Challenge in January last year, all about the Eighth Air Force in Cambridge. Greased the hangar doors three seasons running for Maurice Hammond's warbird collection in Norfolk - I know my mechanical limitations! Chaired Suffolk MVT for 2 years and organised three xmas dinners and two coach trips! Sat on a local historical airfield committee as trustee for 3 1/2 years before being told that my services were no longer wanted due to lack of committment and in recent weeks asked to join the freemasons :-o :-o

Oh and did I mention holding down a full-time job, keeping a family happy, tiling a conservatory, laying a solid wood floor in the bedroom, erecting a log cabin, digging out and laying 3 concrete pads, then rebuilding the roof of the log cabin after I came home and found it in next doors garden after last months gales (should have used longer screws!) and still managing to attend nearly all the MV related shows throughout the last eight rally seasons :yawn:

So what you are really saying Jack is that I've got no excuse for the project not to be finished right? ;-)

Cds

Christ, I never thought of doing any work on the project over a weekend :goodidea:

Will try and find some pics of the project to date, but I've only been digital for the last few years, so it will take some effort :computerterror:

Cds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The paint came from Andrew Blackford of Calne, Wiltshire. He has a prestine Diamond-T M20 combination and a Diamond-T 969 wrecker and a Comet tank awaiting restoration.

This is the paint he gets made-up for his vehicle projects and I bought a couple of tins off him recently. PM me if you want his contact details.

Cds