Looking for Cent AVRE thread...

timbo

The one with a pic of one blowing up in gw1. Can you help? Have tried searching and also going through page by page without success so far..

As an aside I would recommend anyone to go back through these threads - some really great info..!

Cheers

Tim

Yep thats the one, although i thought we had a thread on here. Talking to my mate at work today and mentioned the cent in the latest withams tender. He then said he was stood close by the picture taker at the time this pic was taken, circa 500m away! His view was they were brewing up on the decks but I know that is not universally accepted. He also said they watched the fire start off very small, and thought nothing of it but as the minutes went by thought 'this could get interesting', then people nearby started running. SSM went in and pulled co2's and made sure everyone was clearing (brave man!) then BOOM! Loudest bang he'd ever heard, and this from a cheiftain and chally man...!

Small world, top chap though helps me with my cvrts from time to time...

Cheers

Tim

Copyright issue perhaps?

I don't think so. My rather vague memory of it involves requests to the MOD for info followed by some sort of disagreement between members of the forum. Lee (Marmite) may remember and be able to throw more light on this.

Not trying to dredge up old disagreements! Just thought it was a good pic with a bit more to add to the story.. Only 4 minor injuries so somebody was definitely smiling on them that day! Of the 2 AVRE's at the centre of the blast there was apparently not much left.

If I didnt have enough to keep me going, I would definitely be going for the one at Withams.

I don't think so. My rather vague memory of it involves requests to the MOD for info followed by some sort of disagreement between members of the forum. Lee (Marmite) may remember and be able to throw more light on this.

Quite a few of A.M's threads were removed prior to him being banned from the forum, needs no further discussion..