Has anyone else on here got a Daimler Ferret?

Richard Grosvenor

Whats this ferret heaven yahoo thing then,have you got a link ? :D

Hello Paul,

If this works this should take you to the site; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ferret-heaven

I don't think it's anywhere near as easy to use or as good as here!

Hello Richard,

Thanks for that, would this have been used in service or a later civilian addition?

Regards

Richard (G)

Beware of the Americans though, they can be hard work at times.

Hello Chris,

I don't believe that for a minute, Americans, hard work, no! :wink:

What I don't like about the Ferret Heaven thing is the way the way the new post's aren't grouped together with others from the same topic. I guess than once your used to it it's OK. :?

Regards

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thanks for that, would this have been used in service or a later civilian addition?

Richard,

Judging by the fitting on top, it could be a Hella or Britax lamp, both were issued parts for military. There was no hard and fast fitting for the beacon, they were not fitted on every one, so it would have been what was called a "local mod".

As Chris pointed out, re. Ferret Heaven forum, the allies over the pond predominate and all I can say, can be amusing at times. Best way is to visit the site and go through the messages. If you get them into your mailbox, you will be fed up in a few days. By going through the Message list you can pick out the thrads of interest.

Richard

Look,Look, Look!! :D

I was looking through Ebay, as you do, doing my normal searches and for Daimler Ferret I foung this :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ferret-Mk1-2-British-Army-Gulf-War-print-by-Oliver-Cook_W0QQitemZ6566895045QQcategoryZ10953QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I nearly fell off my stool!! It's either mine or, "there is another" (to quote Yoda! :wink: )

Cheers

Richard

It's good to see someone take the trouble to illustrate British AFVs and that is to be applauded. Some of the drawings appear to be based on privately owned vehicles which incorporate some non-service fittings. So I don't think you can take it as gospel that anything depicted is necessarily an official fitting.

Hello,

I sent an email to the seller of these prints asking about the vehicles used to create them and got a very nice reply from the artist himself.

He bases them on vehicles that he sees at shows and in magazines etc.

As my Ferret (Eric!) used to belong to a North London Barmy Army member and as the NLBA attend lots of shows it is almost certain that it is Eric!......Pretty cool ! 8)

Having that bumper and ladder does make it easy to spot, it's on the 2002 War & Peace video and I've seen it in the background in CMV magazine.

So apart from changing the front hatch back to the correct one I'll probably keep "him" exactly as "he" is. :lol:

Regards

Richard

Ps. Has anyone got a front hatch for sale? :roll:

• 8 months later...