What you got in your shed??

Marmite!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer was in Bodge Jeep's reply directly underneath the photographs :roll:

It is a P-51 Mustang. - Front line US fighter aircraft of WWII. Many went onto serve post war also, renamed the F-51.

This particular example is an ex-8th Air Force machine, that flew from Cambridgeshire and is being rebuilt to stock condition, estimated to take flight in 2009.

The project is indeed awe-inspiring and very impressive, in fact almost as impressive as the picture you posted of the 6x6 Reo with big monster truck tires - Now that was impressive!

The Mustang will also be restored with two-seats ;-)

Cds

This particular example is an ex-8th Air Force machine, that flew from Cambridgeshire and is being rebuilt to stock condition, estimated to take flight in 2009.

Clive,

So it is obviously not "Janie" then. I thought perhaps it was going through a major overhaul seeing the wings were not on. There is another Mustang owner, Rob, who lives near me, and Maurice is often down here during the summer with his, it is a joy to see them flying.

Richard

This will be sister of Janie - sister in law of Big Beautiful Doll from Woodchurch!

Restored to the same standard as Janie by the same devoted team. Last time I saw Janie flying in October I was trimming my conifer hedge, and Maurice damn near took my TV aerial off the roof :-o Since then I've had a much better reception though :-D

cds

• 1 year later...