New to the collection

Well quite a bit has come and gone over the past few months but just in today is a very nice Russian 76mm Infantry gun.Its an older restoration but has a lovely patina.

Also I have a confession, I have just joined the Mobat Club ( dont know why ! :nut: ) but I have had a slot in the collection for one for a while and this Rifle is complete with all its kit,infact it is the one that was kept in the budge collection.

Rob.......................rnixartillery collection.

Rob,

As you told me when I bought one, 'you can't beat a BAT'!! - a very worthy addition to your outstanding collection!

My list of MOBAT / CONBAT survivors now stands at 16 (I know there are loads more!). If you could see your way to letting me have your MOBAT's carriage number, date and breach number, I'd be very grateful (PM me if you prefer)

Is it live?!

OK, well here is the Mobat.One of only 8 in existance..............I wish ! ;)

It has come out of long term storage and was in the Budge collection, its an older restoration so not perfect but that can be rectified in time.

There was quite a bit of kit with it,Drill round and case,light boards and other odds n sods.

Its filled a gap in the collection so Im very happy with it and most importantly I did not pay any of those over inflated prices !

Rob....................rnixartillery.

Rob,

Looks nice - but I'm sure you'll make it nicer!

It would be good to see pictures of the 'odds and sods'!

The carriage number (which bear no relation to dates) is the highest by over 200 - interesting. The MOBATs and CONBATs (or rather their carriages) all seem to date from 1953 or 1954 and so far I've found 17!

Peter, do you know how many were produced ? This one is pushed in the back of the barn now so I dont have any intensions to do much with it but I do know of two B.A.T.S which are what I would prefer so I will chase them up :nut:

Rob...................rnixartillery

I've been trying to research the BAT family for a magazine article or book but there's so little information available. A day spent at the National Archives in Kew this week revealed a couple of reports on blast, trials against a Centurion Mk3 and a surprisingly sensible report from the 'users' in BAOR - they wanted to ditch the heavy BAT shield ASAP! Sadly no production figures, but the MOBATs / CONBATs I've located so far have carriage numbers from 111 to 496.

• 5 weeks later...