Just Had That Dreaded Call from Withams

Grumpy

Thanks for that Clive I will know more about the trailer once i have collected it next weekend but the information i was given was Radio Communications Unit, 1952. But this might not be correct so will have to wait till i can see whats on the data plate.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that Clive I will know more about the trailer once i have collected it next weekend but the information i was given was Radio Communications Unit, 1952. But this might not be correct so will have to wait till i can see whats on the data plate.

Ian, of course the role may have changed over the years. My Yellow Fever trailer was a radar target simulator. But judging by the dymo labels & clipboard titles I found on the inside it must have finished up as an incident control point.

Collecting my trailer tomorrow, leaving early as we have a 520 mile round trip. So should have more details to share with you Clive.

Oi!!!!!

Get to bed you

Steve's told me its a 4.30 start for the two of you and you're doing most of the driving

Oh he also mentioned something about a Travelodge and might be bringing back some sticks of rock

safe journey tomorrow mate

Collecting my trailer tomorrow, leaving early as we have a 520 mile round trip. So should have more details to share with you Clive.

Hi mate - make sure you take your camera as it is bound to be eventful :cry: :-D

Oi!!!!!

Get to bed you

Steve's told me its a 4.30 start for the two of you and you're doing most of the driving

Oh he also mentioned something about a Travelodge and might be bringing back some sticks of rock

safe journey tomorrow mate

Just had an update on the Brockhouse.. 30mins ago Ian was about 15miles North of Milton Keynes with trailer on tow.. now that must of been one tiring journey :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

He's taking his time ain't he :evil:

Doing 40 - 50 mph, road works, fog, fuel stops, plus a large breakfast 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 3 hash browns etc is it any wonder it took 6 1/2 hrs to get there. Left about 1.30pm for a slow run back and parked up about 08.00pm had a few stops on the way back and an argument with a pain in the ar_e petrol station guy :argh: but got the trailer back in one piece :banana:.

Must say a huge Thank You to Steve who's truck we used and who did All the driving.

Nice one Ian, supposed you are pleased with that, well worth the journey to get it.

So guess you are going to be comfy at War and Peace then :dunno:

Hope to get started on it later this month and will try and take it to the Bunker show in May but wont have it fully restored for a long time yet.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No.....its a flying Brockhouse! :-D

width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00449.jpg[/img]

Grumpy and me popped over to Withams on Friday to collect the Trailer.

Easy to load, just pick it up with a monster fork truck and drop it on the truck.

width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00447.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00448.jpg[/img]

Looked tall on the truck, overall hight was 14 foot, lucky the lowest bridge on the way back was 15 foot.

Once safely back in the yard a slow tug with landrover saw it back on the ground aided with the winch to lower it off. width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00450.jpg[/img]

Grumpy has more pic's of the unloading and i snapped a couple of the data plates before the light buggered off for the night.

width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00451.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/Poptopshed/Brockhouse/DSC00452.jpg[/img]

Will get the numbers off them next time i am up at the yard in the light.

Now thats cheating using a low loader to collect your trailer - only jealous after many hours of numb bum and back ache.

Whats good to see is the Brockhouse name on the trailer - Now Clive (fv1620) brockhouse did do a 2 ton trailer by the looks of it ?????

What does the 2 ton refer to - body weight - load it can take ? - I put my one on a weight bridge empty and it came up 3480kg.

Whats good to see is the Brockhouse name on the trailer - Now Clive (fv1620) brockhouse did do a 2 ton trailer by the looks of it ?????

What does the 2 ton refer to - body weight - load it can take ? - I put my one on a weight bridge empty and it came up 3480kg.

Well dang me you are quite right Brockhouse it is :bow:

What date is it? It's curious that there are no 4-whld 2-ton trailers attributed to Brockhouse in the Equipment Regulations of 1964 that lists the census codes of all vehicles. So is it post 1964? I can't quite read the Census Code 3075-3??5 is there a FV number?

2 ton is the load the trailer can carry. So 2 tons & 3480 kg approximate pretty well to 5.5 tons.

Yep Its post 1964, think it was either 1972 or 75? Will scrape the rest of the paint off the plate and make a note of the number.

Ours is a stores/Binned trailer. One side is full of stacked boxes, the other has 2 rows of boxes then a drop down table with pin board behind, Then more boxes. Across the far end there are two bunks.

Any info or pictures would be interesting.

Yep Its post 1964, think it was either 1972 or 75? Any info or pictures would be interesting.

Looking in a 1974 Catalogue of Army Publications there is a User Handbook for the Trailer Chassis, 2-ton, 4-whld, Brockhouse it is Army Code No.60976. But looking in a 2001 Catalogue it is no longer listed. Yes would be interested in the FV number esp the suffix & the full asset code also the NSN if that is shown. But there may still be a User Handbook for the body once we find out what it's role was.

Clive do you have an manuals on the braking/Air system on these trailers - if so is it possible to email me some copies. Many Thanks

Ian, I'll email you the brake section of EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 262/2 which is the Technical Description which seems to cover all makes 2-Ton 4-Whld trailers in the FV2500 series, so hope it might help. Its 8 pages on braking so bear with me, I'll put it in a pdf if thats alright.

Ian, I have just sent you the EMER extract.

If anyone wants pdf of brake section of EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 262/2 which is the Technical Description which seems to cover all makes 2-Ton 4-Whld trailers in the FV2500 series. Let me know & I'll email it.