Morris Commercial 1934 Staff CAr

nicks_fun

All,

I am a newby on the forum and am helping an elderly friend who is seeking to restore his 1934 Morris Commercial staff Car, I have three photocopies of original photo's I will copy across tomorrow onto the forum

I am looking to identify any information at all on these cars, at all. I have scanned your informative forum and havent managed to shed much light on these vehicles.

Many thanks

Is this the 6x4 open staff car based on the CD lorry? If so then this is a significant announcement - they were believed to be extinct! There are a couple of pictures of these vehicles in "Staff Cars of the Thirties" by Peter Hardy (published in 1990 by ISO publications), which may be the same as those you have.

There was a similar version built on the D type chassis with both open and enclosed bodywork - though the enclosed version was aimed more at the civilian market.

Photos of the project, please!

As a MCC Adderley Park product,it would appear that this model was bodied locally at the Mulliner works.

I don't know if the Mulliner archives were rescued and went to Gaydon but I visit the old works sometimes and I doubt somehow if any information is left there. The old factory now houses a Pakistani firm who make mattresses but I will call them just to see if anything remains in a cupboard !

I spoke to B and M recently and will ring them if there is any news.

Wow, it is a CD staff car. This is so exciting. :clap::clap:

An understatement if i may be so bold, would you happen to have any pics of the lady as she exists now?? Facinating how these vehicle pop out of the wood work

Regards

Tim

• 3 weeks later...