Fuel in a No.12 Cooker

Rangie

Question

Many places advertise the No.12 as Multifuel, i.e. Petrol, Kero and Diesel.

Now I've tried Diesel, its ok but it needs to be preheated like hell and run as hot as possible. It tastes the food too, I wouldn't use it as my first choice of fuel.... :-(

My mate runs his on Kero and it runs very well. :-)

What about petrol? Has anyone tried?

The burner looks similar to the later Mk2 No2, but the jetting is probably different.....

Alec.

1 answer to this question

Many places advertise the No.12 as Multifuel, i.e. Petrol, Kero and Diesel.

Now I've tried Diesel, its ok but it needs to be preheated like hell and run as hot as possible. It tastes the food too, I wouldn't use it as my first choice of fuel.... :-(

My mate runs his on Kero and it runs very well. :-)

What about petrol? Has anyone tried?

The burner looks similar to the later Mk2 No2, but the jetting is probably different.....

Alec.

Works fine with kerosene and paraffin but I would steer clear of diesel its too smoky and it doesn't seem to burn all diesel correctly as it leaves a black film/carbon beneath any cooking pots. Petrol the No 12 isn't designed to use it but if you search this forum http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/index.php it might give you some ideas or help in that direction.

The jet is the same as the earlier no.2 mk 2 and can be swapped over to the no.12 if need be.

If you look halfway down this page you will find some info on the No12 http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/useful_info.htm

Edited by ferrettkitt