How about an off road run?

Hi All

While having a chat to jack today we spoke about all meeting up. Maybee a road/offroad run?

There isn't much going on show wise until April,may time. I thought i would be a good idea if we could have a dayout with our vehicles a little road run some where?

Anyone got any ideas where we could go? Both jack and i really enjoyed the off roading stretch of the road run at the "gathering of eagles" is there any were around that we could do a bit of off roading? jack suggested some where in Dorset? :roll:

And i suppose some where big enough to take a gmc!!

would be nice to see a show of hand who'd like to come?

Any ideas where to go?

The best date to get the most people to come?

Regards

Rowan

salisbury plain sound good to me guys! is this still to far for you chris?

Oddball do you know any good routes on the byways of salisbury plain?

Rowan

Salisbury sounds good, its still a long way but it would be worth it to drive a Ferret about on the plain!

Chris

Have a look at http://www.glass-uk.org go to site map and then code of conduct. If you intend using the Salisbury Plain area I would recommend finding someone with local knowledge as it is very easy to wander off the rights of way and the MOD police and wardens are very vigilant, it has been known for vehicles to be confiscated.

Could we make a weekend of this as it could be a bit of a stretch for one day. Maybe arrive during Saturday have a road run etc then get Jack to show us his survival skills (barbecue) one or two beers and disappear during sunday ?????

OK so we have gone off track a bit here. So lots of people seem interested which is good. But maybe salisbury might be difficult. I'm sure no one on here wants there vehicle confiscated :-o

What about the new forest area is there anywere here we could do a little off roading i know there is area for camping if u wanted to make it a 2 day thing. Trouble is its getting more south which i futher for people to come.

Any more ideas ?

Rowan

But Neil you haven't got a swimming Stolly .. pay back time :evil:

It's a fair cop Guv'nor :-) :-)

But she will be soon............ Heard from Mark C the other day - his tin-smith is going to be starting work around the end of the month on the replacement seal retainers.

Better all start saving up your life-jackets for when she does go in the wet stuff :-)

Ok, how about this for a plan.........

We spend the weekend in the New Forest!

We can then set up camp in any campsite that we choose and then we can convoy around the forest for us long as we want and then back to base camp for a BBQ and a cup of tea :whistle:

We can visit all of the airfields that are/were in the forest, we could do what we want and perhaps even stop of a a Tea Room or two.

Does that sound like a plan?