M 151, A2 Mutt

mel6644

hello, can any one help, i need to replace the diaphragm in the mutt fuel pump, i was having a problem with fuel getting in to the sump, after stripping the pump down i found the diaphragm had rotted, theres not a lot available in the uk, if any one knows if there is a replacement or a supplier or an ac part number, for the A2 pump, was at the war and peace show last week, no mutt spares, thanks mel.

Join this forum (HMVF rules the world - but you need all the help you can get).

http://g838.org/index.php?sid=5a3d239d71a8e0fa5293819e3e65f586

It is American - but the guys there will be an enormous help to you.

Also speak to Sirhc on this forum - I hope he won't mind me asking. He has restored a MUTT recently and knows stuff. Tootallmike restored the Mutt I have - but all I can tell you is that it has wheels, an engine and other bits that make it go.

MB

Hi Mel,

The best places for Mutt parts are all either in the USA or Germany. I found the German dealers to be more expensive, even if you include the shipping from the USA, but they are faster if you need it in a hurry. eBay is also a good place to look and there are dealers in the far east who list on there, but not everyone will ship to the UK. To get things out of the USA the dealers need an export licence and they won't all have one.

Try here:

http://www.us-army-military-shop.de/Ford-Mutt-M151/carburetor/fuel-system/Fuel-pump-A2-Part-Number-11640994::3740.html

Chris

Hi Mel,

The best places for Mutt parts are all either in the USA or Germany. I found the German dealers to be more expensive, even if you include the shipping from the USA, but they are faster if you need it in a hurry. eBay is also a good place to look and there are dealers in the far east who list on there, but not everyone will ship to the UK. To get things out of the USA the dealers need an export licence and they won't all have one.

Try here:

http://www.us-army-military-shop.de/Ford-Mutt-M151/carburetor/fuel-system/Fuel-pump-A2-Part-Number-11640994::3740.html

Chris

I know Einer who's site this is he's a great guy he stayed with us at Beltring this year and for the last few years. He bought over his new Humvee this year and a few Mutt spares for me:). He sells all over the world even to the states.

FYI, and for future reference there was a MUTT parts stall at W&P. Hans Shoenmaker comes over every year with a stall of MUTT and ex-dutch army gear. He had a GamaGoat for sale on his stall this year.

As for fuel pump diaphragms, if you can dismantle the pump you would be best off sourcing a sheet of thin neoprene (99p from Ebay or similar) and cutting new dia's from that. Modern petrol is containing increasing quantities of ethanol, which will eat any NOS dia's still out there. Neoprene and a few other modern materials are not affected by it.

- MG

FYI, and for future reference there was a MUTT parts stall at W&P. Hans Shoenmaker comes over every year with a stall of MUTT and ex-dutch army gear. He had a GamaGoat for sale on his stall this year.

As for fuel pump diaphragms, if you can dismantle the pump you would b

e best off sourcing a sheet of thin neoprene (99p from Ebay or similar) and cutting new dia's from that. Modern petrol is containing increasing quantities of ethanol, which will eat any NOS dia's still out there. Neoprene and a few other mo

dern materials are not affected by it.

- MG

I bought a generator from him at the show this year Cheers for the heads up on the neoprene I think mine is doing the same.

Saw the Goat thought that would be a silly toy but didnt ask how much. It looked to be needing a bit of work!

I drove one off road once and went for a paddle great fun, but the noise just like sitting in the engine bay of the Rapier

• 2 months later...
I bought a generator from him at the show this year Cheers for the heads up on the neoprene I think mine is doing the same.

Saw the Goat thought that would be a silly toy but didnt ask how much. It looked to be needing a bit of work!

I drove one off road once and went for a paddle great fun, but the noise just like sitting in the engine bay of the Rapier

The Gama Goat you are referring too is my new restoration project.

My mate Hans owns the vehicle and has asked me to restore it for him.

Expect to see it at War and Peace 2013.

Markheliops