CCKW gun ring leg diameter

R Cubed

Hi all, can someone measure the diameter of their legs for a CCKW gun ring mount, the three which clamp to the cab, I need a pole for the front clamp by the windscreen but cant decide what the diameter should be ?

I would assume a few mm less than the diameter of the hole?

I only have pictures of the legs.. I've not see an MG mount on an open cab truck.

If anyone does have pics... please post!

Try a search, there have been a number of pics on here. Big Ray's truck is fitted with a gun ring and there has been a photo of it within the last few days.

Yea, ok I guessed it would be imperial, however the front clamp by the windscreen has a 3/4 inch gap down between the bolt flanges so there is room for lots of play, dont want to over clamp it if its a bigger size than I thought !!!!

Any idea's.

Hi Richard ,

Ive just been out and measured the gun ring legs on my Ward lafrance and they measure 2 and a quarter inches , i then measured a spare set of legs in the workshop and they measured 60mm !!! my guess is 2 and a quarter inches but please wait and see what other people come back with ,

Cheers Adrian .

Repro legs are usually made from 2" nom. bore or 60.3 CHS which are both 2 3/8" o.d, so it is likely your second set are that. I made some once and I remember that the original size was a little unusual but I can't remember for the life of me just what they were!

Scaffold poles are 1 1/2" NB, 48mm od so a bit small.

Must measure some poles I've got on the farm somewhere, I know they came off a building site years ago and I always thought they were 2" plus.