Hello from Thor Nogson in North Wales

Thor Nogson

Hi , I'm John from the sunny Conwy Valley in North Wales . I just bought a 1941 WC closed cab pickup with a very low serial VIN : Chassis 8-644-952 , Engine T21473570, making it , i believe number 151 off the production line . it has a later T214 engine and a flatbed on it at the moment . i'm off on a road trip to Montana next week to box it for shipping. I'm interested in sources of parts for these early WCs and looking particularly for a pickup box or drawings to make one from , brake master cylinder , cab glass and a bunch of other stuff.

Hi John.

Welcome, i live not far from you, i also have a Dodge (wc 51).

Wouldn't mind coming for a look if you're up to it.

Regards

Mal

HI Mal , I'd be pleased to swap notes , its due in the country in 6-8 weeks , you can contact me on Zero7971Zero33231 or at work : john'at'gentletouchblastcleaning.co.uk , we're behind Bearing Man , next to Andy's tyres in the junction

Best source for a bed is to buy a cheap truck, of course. trouble is you are more likely to get one from an open cab pickup which will be drilled differently ( for the transverse seats )

As a fallback position, you can buy good reproduction bed sides, front panel, and tailgate from sources like those that advertise on the Power Wagon Forum. That would leave you having to find the tie down rings ( rings on a WC1 - hooks were later ) centre stake pockets, front underpanels, and fenders.

Most of the stuff is available, but some small stuff can be tricky. You can save yourself some money by getting a bed or panels to the truck before you ship it, for sure.

WW2 Dodge Forum too, of course, for stuff like longitudinal rear seat brackets.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi John,

I also have a 1941 earily model Dodge Wc1 pickup wich I imported from California nearing completion,I would like to swap notes with you, my no is 07771 683193. I will try you on yours.

James

Hi James,

I'd be very pleased to run a tape over your truck and swap notes , whereabouts in the country are you?. I've now returned from our trip to Montana to prep mine to travel , unfortunately I wasn't there long enough to source any treasures or spares to go with it But it should be on its way to Seattle for shipping in the next few days.

From what I now understand , this vehicle may have been an open cab pickup but later fitted with a civvy cab ( it has side markers) for use in Montana winters. It is currently painted yellow as it was most recently used in a local ski resort.

i need to find a number of parts for it including front propshaft and diff and brake master cylinder and cab glass . The plan is to get it roadworthy ASAP ,enjoy it through the summer then , maybe a strip and paint next winter. Although sacrilege to mentIon on these pages , I may repaint it in civvy colours . I'll try your mobile later.