Jeep barrel Lamp ?

snort

Hi everyone,

I found this at a car boot recently and although I know it is the lamp for the end of a barrel, I was wondering which barrel it was for. As you can hopefully see from the picture the bracket is flat on one side and has a strap around the rest.

This has not ever been used before by the look of it and has never been painted and I cannot find a date on it.

Is this a common object or have I stumbled onto something good?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

jeep gun lamp.jpg

Is this a common object or have I stumbled onto something good?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

No, common as muck, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands.....!

Actually, it would be good to know the cable length but it looks quite a small clamp so probably for a 57mm as Rob says.

Good find for a car boot!

No, common as muck, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands.....!

Actually, it would be good to know the cable length but it looks quite a small clamp so probably for a 57mm as Rob says.

Good find for a car boot!

Hi Adrian,

I will measure the cable up and get back with it.

Hi Adrian,

I will measure the cable up and get back with it.

Well I am glad I didn't guess as its longer than I thought, but then it would have to be a fairly long, anyway the cable is just under 21 feet long.without the plug or lamp.

Thanks for the info though. i will now look for pics with this in use !

Well I am glad I didn't guess as its longer than I thought, but then it would have to be a fairly long, anyway the cable is just under 21 feet long.without the plug or lamp.

Thanks for the info though. i will now look for pics with this in use !

The 57mm anti-tank gun is 17 ft long so you would need to allow a few spare foot to wrap around the barrel and trail to prevent it dragging the ground.

I should amagine the towing light for a Long Tom would be a fair length ! :shocked:

Rob.............rnixartillery.

The 57mm anti-tank gun is 17 ft long so you would need to allow a few spare foot to wrap around the barrel and trail to prevent it dragging the ground.

I should amagine the towing light for a Long Tom would be a fair length ! :shocked:

Rob.............rnixartillery.

The lamp for the 105mm howitzer has a 24' cable, the 155mm has a 37' cable

, the guns being much shorter that that. I would think the Long Tom would need a very long one!