Ferret hull number sequence

john fox

further to the great debate about whether Ferret hull numbers run in sequence with the VRN, it would appear that they do indeed do so at least for vehicles within the same contract

I have just discovered that 00EC26 still exists and has recently been sold - the ex owner confirmed its hull number is 3717.

My favourite Ferret (00EC25) is 3716

Don't know who has bought it?

Hi John

Yes, there are still some sequences in the build of the later ferrets, sometimes just 2 or 3 numbers, sometimes much more.

I think the sequences must have been broken up with the export orders. So the build might have been something like say 7 ferrets for MOD contract 6/FV/5135, then 12 for export, then another 13 for 6/FV/5135 and so on. I'm gradually building up the sequences in my register. And pleased to say have helped identify some unknown ferrets from it by working out the shorter sequences. (blowing my own trumpet :-)) I am very careful not to give out mis-information. The job is like repainting the humber bridge though :-)

I saw that 00EC26 was listed on ebay last year, but I don't know who bought it. Hopefully the owner will google the registration and pop up on here.

Cheers

Matt

Hi John

Yes, there are still some sequences in the build of the later ferrets, sometimes just 2 or 3 numbers, sometimes much more.

I think the sequences must have been broken up with the export orders. So the build might have been something like say 7 ferrets for MOD contract 6/FV/5135, then 12 for export, then another 13 for 6/FV/5135 and so on. I'm gradually building up the sequences in my register. And pleased to say have helped identify some unknown ferrets from it by working out the shorter sequences. (blowing my own trumpet :-)) I am very careful not to give out mis-information. The job is like repainting the humber bridge though :-)

I saw that 00EC26 was listed on ebay last year, but I don't know who bought it. Hopefully the owner will google the registration and pop up on here.

Cheers

Hi

I am at Grantham at the moment and was looking at a gate guard today which is in a resonable condition for a ferret thats been parked outside for some time. i think it is a Mk 2/3 will get the reg and pics and post on the web site, hope to get inside to check out the cotract details the letters on the Reg cc but will check.

Regards

Matt

Hi

I am at Grantham at the moment and was looking at a gate guard today which is in a resonable condition for a ferret thats been parked outside for some time. i think it is a Mk 2/3 will get the reg and pics and post on the web site, hope to get inside to check out the cotract details the letters on the Reg cc but will check.

Regards

Hi

Regards

Great :-) Look forward to seeing it. If you can get a photo of the data plate that would be excellent. The hull number will be the furthest number on the left.

Cheers

Matt

Jim, I wish those ferret build records would turn up :-)

Hi Matt

The Ferret at Grantham is a MK 2/3 GPMG fit with Clansman. DIS was Oct 59, hull number 2115 8/59 (Stamped on Hull plate missing) Reg 03CC07. Sent to HQ RMLY as gate guardian 12/07/95 I have some pics but will sort them out at a later date.

Regards Tony.