Chevs rescued

Chev41

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Job list getting shorter? No chance, you'll just find this odd bit needs...... :D On the indicator side. Can you get away with LED bulbs? They really are a lot more visible than conventional. I've also added two strrips of small LEDs on my 12 volt Dodge under the wings. They tie nicley on the support bar and you don't know there there. But when lit up at night they illumionate the wheel arches showing the full width of the vehicle.

Edited by Tony B

LED fine with 12v, but very limited choice on 6v. Although there are a couple of motorcycle dealers out there who can supply 6v LED. You can make your own as individual LEDs are readily available from 2v upwards.

While on the LED topic, did anyone get around to developing 6v LED clusters for the standard U.S. rear light cluster? I'd certainly be interested.

Edited by N.O.S.

Hi I will get some LED bulbs, I thought the blue ones under the body would be nice Ha ha

I will get some more tiny orange ones front and back. Pleased with the stencils now, I did the bonnet one twice as they dont like sticking to the matt paint. Finally got the wipers working and the horn push last night phew..Chevy May 31st 020.jpg

LED fine with 12v, but very limited choice on 6v. Although there are a couple of motorcycle dealers out there who can supply 6v LED. You can make your own as individual LEDs are readily available from 2v upwards.

While on the LED topic, did anyone get around to developing 6v LED clusters for the standard U.S. rear light cluster? I'd certainly be interested.

Yeah, I'm nosing about for some 6 volt ones as well.

Fantastic thread.

This should be an inspiration to everyone. I have been thinking on enrolling on a welding course and after seeing what you have done maybe in 20 years time I will be able to accomplish the same (except I will be 70) :D.

He might be family Tony........

Are you suggesting I have a passing resemblence to Ogri from those old Bike Magazine cartoons?

Been playing around with any sheet metal recently to make it resemble a toolbox? :whistle:

Fantastic thread.

This should be an inspiration to everyone. I have been thinking on enrolling on a welding course and after seeing what you have done maybe in 20 years time I will be able to accomplish the same (except I will be 70) :D.

Thanks, I did my training at Harlow Technical college evening classes (12 Lessons), 33 years ago ! I am ready for a rest now at the local Jubilee bash. Its first outing, although its going on the back of a beavertail as I am awaiting registration documents. Special thanks to Howard again for finding me a handbrake band today, and an ignition switch..

M

Thanks, I did my training at Harlow Technical college evening classes (12 Lessons), 33 years ago ! I am ready for a rest now at the local Jubilee bash. Its first outing, although its going on the back of a beavertail as I am awaiting registration documents. Special thanks to Howard again for finding me a handbrake band today, and an ignition switch..

M

HARLOW!!!! Oh Gawd! Did they teach you to change headlight bulbs? :-D (If you've ever driven round Harlow at night, you'd know EXCTALY what I mean!)

• 2 months later...

Update, after a battle with the DVLA frankie as I called her is now on the Road, fixed a few silly oil leaks and resealed all the manifolds and removed a broken stud on the exhaust, the winch cable is finally back on and working, a good grease up and oil and filter change, readjusted the brakes, just have to spray the bumperettes white on the back and stencil on the Reg No. need to now select an Ash tree to cut down to re mount the body on the back, and kick panels inside the Cab and she will be there...

M:-)

• 2 weeks later...