Bedford MW

44GPW

You have done a great job with your MW. The indicators look very discrete and as for the civi registration... er I can't see it but no doubt you took it off for the event. Actually its a shame the VOSA won't allow pre 1960 vehicles to use an original vehicle number in place of the registration plate?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha ha....yes, Glen was my co-pilot. His Jeep was still recovering from its journey from Chelmsford!!

My MW does have a front reg plate. It folds up under the bumper and i never pull it down. Always there though if i get questioned. Like you, my Jeep does not have a front reg plate and i've not been stopped once in my 25 years ownership.

You Humber looks superb Julian....a real credit to you.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello there - Did you get answers as to where to place the holders for the starting handle? I have an army spec MWD so happy to help with pictures etc...

I am am currently trying to figure out the use for all the clips and brackets in the cab. I can also assist with images of the correct Jack handle and Jack if need be...

Hi,

Thanks for your note. I'm always interested to see photo's of the original positions of retaining clips etc, so thank you. I notice some clips have been remade (shovel and starting handle) and are currently on ebay. I've bought one of the shovel ones...it's really good.

Cheers

Richard

• 2 months later...

After a couple of poor purchases i've finally found a decent Exhaust Manifold (thanks Andy S). This ones in very good condition c/w working heat control valve. Just need to get it skimmed then it will be ready to fit.

IMAG3455.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Manifold set up fitted plus correct style Oil Filter fitted. Original oil lines i bought were far too short so not MW!!. Managed to buy all the fittings from John Morter and made them up myself. 3 hour round trip to the Shuttleworth VE Day Airshow completed and she ran like a dream.

IMAG3855.jpg