Track prices

mat777

I was idly browsing the prices of track bits from M2 and M3 trucks (a long story!). I was somewhat struck by this though:

An american wants $4000 for some

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=54909

Whereas a UK vendor wants just £80 for these

http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3160

Why the price disparity? :shocked:

:wow::red::red::red::red::red::red:

What you studying if you don,t mind me asking

See LOCATION - sort of gives it away :D

In fairness, those 1/6 scale tracks look the business don't they? The photo on its own could have fooled me - it was only price which gave it away (ok maybe the skirting in the photo is extra large? :blush:).

Edited by N.O.S.

WHOOOOPS paperbag.gifpaperbag.gifpaperbag.gifpaperbag.gif

As N.O.S just pointed out - they are awfully realistic looking tracks! I didnt realise it was a model forum!!! I thought the skirting was some wood in a shed or something.....

It's ok.... I'm not that much better at designing planes either!

What a great thread, but well done MAT777, if you don't ask you would never know and that is what the forum is for.

Since I joined this great forum, my knowledge base across the board has jumped 100 times, so as they say on 'that' dance programme my wife loves 'keep on asking!

Thanks earlymb

Basically, I am just doing some preliminary research on a project I have forming in my mind for when I have a job and some money in several year's time! :P

Having seen the Centaur and seen what a compromise it is (who ever did think that welding a land rover to a CVR(T) would work brilliantly?), I idly wondered if it would be possible to do a better job. I've not taken any measurements but I reckon the tracks from an M2 or M3 would fit nicely under the wheelboxes of a 109 or 110 2-door. A little jiggery pokery with the location of the rear axle to relocate it level with the drive sprocket and bob's your uncle. It would certainly be different as well!

Hi Timbo,

glad it made you laugh - it left me a bit red-faced :D

I havent been involved in any actual planes yet (I'm only a 2nd year undergraduate engineer), but suffice to say a few of our model aircraft and gliders built for the course have had a few spectacular crashes.....

Hi Timbo,

glad it made you laugh - it left me a bit red-faced :D

I havent been involved in any actual planes yet (I'm only a 2nd year undergraduate engineer), but suffice to say a few of our model aircraft and gliders built for the course have had a few spectacular crashes.....

Don't forget to give us fair warning when you are involved:shake: