WWII LAD 6 wheeler Retriever

A bit smaller than those other wreckers etc on this site, but I am looking for some internal detail of the LAD body fitted to the Retriever and Austin 6 wheelers.

What I need is some detail as to how the sliding beam was unhitched and fitted to the floor.

Ther appears to be two parallel rails mounted on the floor, and a vertical ladder type frame. On the girder beam, there are holes at intervals, and a pin at one end to fix into ????

I have photographs and some stowage digrams of the main bed, but all the photos I have are with the tarp in place, so this area is in darkness.

If you can help, it's much appreciated.

George.

Thanks, I was aware of the one at REME, so I guess a trip is the only answer. I have dealt with them before, vis Brian Baxter, so I would hope that I could be granted "access". Some museums now are getting a bit aitchesseey.

As an aside, a couple of things really, REME were gifted two AEC 850 chassis, pretty poor condition, I believe they were the ones I had rumours of, sitting rotting away in a field in cambridgeshire.

Secondly, I admire the work on the MW, I think you have pisted photo's (?).

Here is a small one, 1/35th, that will be the master for a resin kit.

George.

P1010013.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Richard, I can't remember precisely but think it was taken at one of the Southsea shows way back when. Bloomin nice job you did on it. Pity it doesn't come out more often. (Correction - it can't be Southsea with that big shed in the background...)

George, there are some more exposed gantries here:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?12339-Austin-K-series-gallery/page18

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?17786

Edited by Runflat

Thanks for the info,

Hi Les, thought I would finally join this forum, some graet stuff.

We are looking at the possibility of going ahead with the FBE Leyland by the way, but nothing definate. The market is a bit depressed so small stuff sells better.

Can you or anyone tell me what the large lump seen on two of the black and white photo's is?

Is it a jack, I have some photos of the Trewhella winch, which may have been carried.

The photos do show that the ladder frame swings, on the diagrams it shown upright.

Thanks

George.