ok been down today and had a good poke round the hull

one has a hiab and in very good condition generally

the other one has half a hiab and is very rusty but complete

the decent one has a big knock just behind the center o/s wheel

stollyvisit.jpg

stollyvisit3.jpg

stollyvisit1.jpg

sorry didnt get many pics got to excited :lol:

so then i spoke to the owner as land owner passed me his number had a good chat hes told me to have a better look round when its not raining and give him a shout begining of march

A knock behind the wheel eh?

I wonder.............

Once upon a time Jim'll Fix It did a thing with Stalwarts from 21 Sqn RCT with a kid - which included swimming them in the Rhine (21 were in Glamorgan Bks Duisburg)

During the filming the stollys did some very - er - energetic cross country then piled straight into the river, whereupon one of them began to ship water and sink due to a wheel station banging up and damaging the hull.

Luckily you didnt see the recovery on the telly, as Jims team had leged it by then

But you never know - this might be one of my old mate Marty's boats!

hi mate yeah sorry i meant to mention you cheers for the lead

i will go back on a nicer day

the owner of the stollys has just bought a cheifton tank

i will say sorry for my spelling now before anyone picks it up as its not the best

• 2 weeks later...
A knock behind the wheel eh?

I wonder.............

Once upon a time Jim'll Fix It did a thing with Stalwarts from 21 Sqn RCT with a kid - which included swimming them in the Rhine (21 were in Glamorgan Bks Duisburg)

During the filming the stollys did some very - er - energetic cross country then piled straight into the river, whereupon one of them began to ship water and sink due to a wheel station banging up and damaging the hull.

Luckily you didnt see the recovery on the telly, as Jims team had leged it by then

But you never know - this might be one of my old mate Marty's boats!

FEC saw a number of hulls that had bent panels below the propulsion units. seemed to be a weak area. Lot's of heat and persuasion.

I remember the Jim'l fix it piece and would love to get a copy of that mk2 stolly bouncing across the rough ground and plunging into the river. always regret not attempting it when performance testing at Carr Mill Dam, no bottle.

Edited by FEC

I remember the Jim'l fix it piece and would love to get a copy of that mk2 stolly bouncing across the rough ground and plunging into the river. always regret not attempting it when performance testing at Carr Mill Dam, no bottle.

Not quite the article you were after, but will this do?

Smiler