Hello from Oregon

Hello to everyone here. I am an active military vehicle collector, and am interested in aviation as well.

Over the years, I have searched long and hard for military vehicles, and have been blessed with sharing some quality time with quite a few.

Lately though, I have been selling off most of the wheeled vehicles and motorcycles as I transition into WWI aviation. I will always keep a few of these WWII machines around, but the aircraft are starting to gain some attention, and we hope to get out to show them in an airshow tour in the future.

For now though, I am finishing a few projects- A WWII BMW R-75, as well as a 1937 R-12. These are already spoken for in the sell-off, but I have a 41 Command Car, a Burma Jeep, and a few other bits. One that is staying here is the International Harvester M-3H4 Fire truck. I will post a few photos of ti in time..

Hopefully, there will be moments when I can ask a wee bit of advice, and even if possible, shed a bit as well.

All the best;

Patrick

http://www.blue-max-triplane.org

Logo-END-of-article.jpg

Unusual is what usually draws my attention the most.

Lately though, things have been more along the aviation end, but I am forever drawn to WWII wheeled machines.

Oddly enough, I did find some civilian oddities in the years as well. Here is a Moto Narcisse from France.

125 cc 2 stroke engine and 3 speed gearbox, but it is also a 3 speed bicycle- tandem at that.

How can anyone pass up the oddities? I sure do have a hard time with that one.

000_0735.jpg

It is a real freak. The top tube of the frame is actually the fuel tank. The French have a way of doing things that can confound a person, but sometimes the pure elegance of their methods can be a beautiful thing. This oddity lived in my living room up to the point recently where a local museum wanted it to be included in their display. In my mind, the point in having these things is for folks to see them, enjoy them, and perhaps find some inspiration as well.