LIKE button

gritineye

there was a forum styled like this and there was a "thank" button beneath every post which you could click and your name would appear below as a thank. I think it was a great idea.

Lust remembered it would also count the number of thanks you have received below your number of posts.

Edited by MHillyard

Is there a CYBER GREMLIN in the Clubhouse cupboard?

Whilst trying to upload a photo attachment from my computer the anti-virus thing closed the connection suggesting a malicious program was trying to access my machine. Had this before in the past.

Also, talk about slow - accessing the Forum today has been about as much fun as trying to start a 6v WW2 U.S. truck with a flattish battery, modern petrol and a dodgy coil.

Quite often recently just opening up the Smilies page causes all manner of wierd things to happen.

Are these things connected I wonder? Just what has Jack or Joris got locked away in that cupboard?

Edited by N.O.S.

but trying to post or send PM's can bring up some very strange faults. What have you done this time?

I have had a few problems last night, went to post a reply and it did not respond, the site reloaded, and I lost my message, rewrote it and done it again, the third time I posted a lot shorter, thinking it was timing out, bloody annoying. Had a feeling that clicking on a smiley might have had a cause for this, or maybe a coincidence.

I have had a few problems last night, went to post a reply and it did not respond, the site reloaded, and I lost my message, rewrote it and done it again, the third time I posted a lot shorter, thinking it was timing out, bloody annoying. Had a feeling that clicking on a smiley might have had a cause for this, or maybe a coincidence.

It wasn't the smilie's that caused the problem for me, just normal keyboard use especially the return (left arrow key).

I have had a few problems last night, went to post a reply and it did not respond, the site reloaded, and I lost my message, rewrote it and done it again, the third time I posted a lot shorter, thinking it was timing out, bloody annoying.

Richard yes that is annoying. I've learnt to write any reply longer than a few sentences first in Word then paste it in when I'm ready to post. This is not just to circumvent a forum problem but a precaution against stroppy PC or connection drop out.

I did find many times yesterday the forum wouldn't load or if it did it appeared without the "skin" & just text albeit in reluctant display.

• 1 month later...

When JN gets back from his jolly around the Ardennes we will have a look at it :)

I like the idea because right now, I don't always have the time to post comments or replys but would like to show my appreciation of the posts folks make :)

Been looking at the vbulletin forum to see how this could be done, some one has written some code to put a Facebook LIKE button on every post, but thats not what we want but it may be possible. Will keep looking..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gritineye

Is this what we're after Jack?

What it is: Advanced Thanks/Like mod is designed to cut down on spam and increase useful content in your forum by using a peer encouragement system - users thank/like each others posts, which can give them access to attachements, post content etc, as well as encourage the thanked person to post more great content.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243510

• 2 months later...

I think a like button is a brilliant idea, I often read threads but don't comment, I would click a 'like' on various posts, I think it would be a great way to offer encouragement to restorations but could also be good to let people know that their friendly banter was enjoyed.

just my 5eggs worth.