L plates on an Artic

R Cubed

As Tony said, you still need to do the reversing exersise, but you no longer do the controlled stop as I mentioned. This is the same for trucks and buses. You are allowed to use an "aid" that is not obvious. I used a bit of black gaffer tape that was stuck to the inside of the offside rear wheel arch. When the tape was inline with the start of the box I was bang in the middle of it. Also when taking a bus test you are allowed to use the whole of the box, but when taking a truck test you have to get the rear end inside the hatched area inside the box.

It's still the case that if you take your test in an automatic that you are restricted to automatic vehicles. Even though I have a manual class one licence I still had to take my test in a manual coach to get my manual Cat D licence.

The driving part of the test is an hour long.

I think you can still have anologue units fitted, not sure

I was told by VOSA and two Tacho installers that you must have a Digital Tacho fitted to any vehicle that has never had a tacho fitted before ie my DAF.

Neither of the installers would install an analogue Tacho.

Also if it is post 1990 it will have to have a Speed limiter fitted as well. The speed limiter costs as much as the Tacho.

I was told by VOSA and two Tacho installers that you must have a Digital Tacho fitted to any vehicle that has never had a tacho fitted before ie my DAF.

Neither of the installers would install an analogue Tacho.

Also if it is post 1990 it will have to have a Speed limiter fitted as well. The speed limiter costs as much as the Tacho.

Yes digital tacho must be fitted, only vehicles that had an analogue tacho have the choice

Speed limiter only needs fitting if vehcile is capable of exceeding 56mph

Reversing excercise on test you can now get out and have a look (but only once)

I had several discussions with local tacho calibration companies and vosa about tachos.

Originally I was told I had to have a digital tacho installed, but I questioned this directly with VOSA and they said analogue was ok as it was built 1992.

I fitted an analogue tacho, got it calibrated and all was ok, as have several other people.

Could start another thread on tachos. Yesterday i drove the Dodge Ram which i recently got done for over loading in up to Darlington (twice). It has had a tacho fitted Friday. But not a digi card type. You still use paper charts in it.