Accumulator seals for Martian, Saracen etc...

marvinthemartian

I am in the process of getting some new seals made up for these, waiting to find out about the cost per seal. Is there anyone else who requires some either for rebuild or stocks?

Simon

Simon,

i think this seal subject came up recently, and I forgot to mention that Routemaster buses had these accumulaters as well, so it might be worth checking out bus parts firms in case there are seals already available.

regards, Richard

oh me me me!... i have phoned my local coach works where i borrowed a chargeing rig from and they said good luck. I'm sure there are some out there in coach works. I'd probably take 3 sets (3 seals a set) pm me the details as and when you have a price idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, pretty much the same question as Markheliops. The time has come again and the push is on the get work done Hopefully in the next 2 weeks the sarry will be on it's way to Sammy Clark for some work.

If you pm me payment details i'll take one set for sure now.

Declan.

Not sure on the Cheiftan fitment, but if the valve is standard car tyre valve type, then yup, it should work. Got mine from Ebay, some chap in America selling them for filling up gas shockers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitrogen-regulator-king-fox-air-shock-w-no-loss-chuck-NAL-CHUCK-FILL-VALVE-/160758079931?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item256deda1bb

• 2 years later...
Also bought a charging head, good for 600psi, so ideal for the job. Also comes complete with 3 feet of high pressure hose and a no loss chuck. All I need now is a nitrogen bottle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58782[/ATTACH]

What is the hose rated to mate? Standard 1/4" hose is rated 400bar, high pressure one's are 700bar. Just check you got the right hose for the job mate.

Paul

What is the hose rated to mate? Standard 1/4" hose is rated 400bar, high pressure one's are 700bar. Just check you got the right hose for the job mate.

Paul

Paul,

There is a big difference between bar and psi. 400 bar is 5800 psi; 700 is over 10,000.

Cheers,

Terry

Paul,

There is a big difference between bar and psi. 400 bar is 5800 psi; 700 is over 10,000.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi

Yes I know. I've just re-read the original post and noticed that the pressures quoted are PSI and not BAR. My mistake.

I manufacture hoses up to 1400 bar certified.

I'm called hoseman for a reason tho! Lol

Paul

Edited by Hoseman

Not sure on the Cheiftan fitment, but if the valve is standard car tyre valve type, then yup, it should work. Got mine from Ebay, some chap in America selling them for filling up gas shockers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitrogen-regulator-king-fox-air-shock-w-no-loss-chuck-NAL-CHUCK-FILL-VALVE-/160758079931?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item256deda1bb

That sounds the same as the Chieftain.

A note of caution about buying gas regulators from another country: just about every continent uses its own bottle fittings. The kit linked by Marvin would be perfect for me, but does not fit an Australian specification bottle, which uses a T50 connector. The cheapest regulator I can find that handles 600 PSI and has a T50 is $400 on its own - a bit much for an infrequently used product :(

Cheers,

Terry

Marvin,

How did you go with the rebuild? Were tone seals up to the task and if so, do you have specifications and details on where I could get a set?

Cheers,

Terry

Terry, rebuild did go well, seals were a good snug fit in the cylinder. The accumulators are still languishing in the shed awaiting fitment. PM sent re seals. Whilst on the subject, does anyone else want some seals?

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Was just about to order one of these off Ebay but saw the comment about different cylinder fitting for different countries. Did this work OK with 'UK' cylinders?