Gmc exhausts

warrior

Problem is, mild steel systems don't like occasional use so they tend to rot up fast. If used very regularly seem to last much better. S/S expensive but fit once only. They do look a bit shiny though! I have one of those s/s kits but not had time to install yet so cannot comment on fit. Keep patching up the old m/s one!!

I got one for mine from Rex, well pleased, It's the last one the GMC will ever have fitted to it. Worth the money.

Tim Selwyn

I fitted one of these SS sytems to a 353 and had to cut a section out of the forward splash shield to allow it to fit. It also sat too low at the silencer hanger point and I had to fab an extension to the hanger. I talked to Rex about it and he said that he had not had any previous negative feedback but that it might have been one of the earlier production run, which had been refined for the next run.

Regardless of these minor issues I would not hesitate to fit one to my own truck as GMCs seem to be prone to splitting their silencers.

- MG

HI ALL Needing a new exhaust system for my 353, heard that a chap called rex ward sells a stainless steel system ( sounds expensive!) has anybody fitted one , and what are they like?? is it possible to still get mild steel systems anywhere? Cheers AllWarrior.;)

WarriorWhere abouts has yours failed ? Mine is incredibly rusty, but has yet to fail. I can see me getting a stainless one sometime in the next couple of yearsCheersVulture