Hello from new U.S. member.

DDoyle

Greetings all!

I found this site through the information in Classic Military Vehicles magazine - and the site looks great!

I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in the area of Memphis, Tn, USA. I collect and restore M-series military vehicles - ranging from a 3/4 ton contact maintenance truck to 10-ton tractor, though my interest is particularly 2 1/2 6x6 variants.

However, I do have a considerable interest in military vehicles of all eras.

I support my habit by writing and doing research - about military vehicles, WWII aircraft and collectible electric trains.

I look forward to getting to know ya'll - at least electronically, and 'm sure I'll be stopping in from time to time with questions. Should any of you have questions that you think I could help with feel free to email me directly, or post on the forum.

Best wishes,

David Doyle

welcome to our American cousin - didn't know the mag got out that far :oops:

Classic Military Vehicles is occassionally found at newsagents here - but I get mine through the post.

The extensive use of color photos - something not often seen in domestic military vehicle publications - is making CMV attractive to this market.

Best,

David

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum! you may remember we exchanged emails a few months ago regarding CCKW compressor trucks,you were in hospital at the time. Since then I have found a little more info on them but always the 105CFM D318,still looking for info on the 210CFM D471.

All the best!

Matt.

Mark,

Indeed I am a member of Steel Soldiers - same screen name as here.

Matt,

I vaguely remember our correspondence immediately after my tank accident - but I was on some pretty powerful pain killers (morphine) for some time - and things are a bit cloudy!

I'll keep an eye open for material related to your truck.

Best wishes,

David Doyle

Mark,

Indeed I am a member of Steel Soldiers - same screen name as here.

Matt,

I vaguely remember our correspondence immediately after my tank accident - but I was on some pretty powerful pain killers (morphine) for some time - and things are a bit cloudy!

I'll keep an eye open for material related to your truck.

Best wishes,

David Doyle

Ha coincedence you have just answered a post on SS re: canvas :eek: that was me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...