Rare WW2 Federal found

Nick Johns

Its quite amazing what treasures are still hidden away, this previously unknown Federal tractor unit with original trailer too turned up in a clearance auction sale at the week end in Hertfordshire having lain in a barn for some years, ex French Army its in quite remarkable condition with a new engine fitted, it has been bought by a well known collector, more details will follow no doubt

SDC11120.jpg

SDC11123.jpg

SDC11122.jpg

Edited by Nick Johns

Is that another bit of scrap for your collection mate ...:cool2:..

Nice find and in great condition... Unlike the one parked just down from you at Beltring ( pre restro)....what a great Restro Job that was:angel::angel::angel: full credit to the owner..

ken

Nice find and in great condition... Unlike the one parked just down from you at Beltring ( pre restro)....what a great Restro Job that was:angel::angel::angel: full credit to the owner..

ken

Oh don't worry - there's a Federal just like that Autocar was, I believe restoration is underway :cool2::-D

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03464.jpg

Thanks for posting up Nick and goes to show you that it is still out there to be found.

This looks like it is ready to go?!

For a while I thought about holding a 'tractor' unit convoy/event. But as N.O.S. pointed out to me - there are many in the country but finds like this gives me hope. It would be something special to run as many units and trailers as we could get on the road - it would be a great sight.

Nice find and in great condition... .

ken

It sure aint scrap!! wish it was mine..just a bit TOO big for my garages ! its going to a good home, the new owner said it will soon be up and running, looks a relatively easy restoration job

Edited by Nick Johns

Hello Gavin

Well done on a great find, that will be a very nice looking truck when done, would make a great picture standing beside Roy's Autocar.What do you plan to do with the trailer will you leave as is or convert it for camping in.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...

I think this must be the truck a mate of mine saw being loaded onto a low loader yesterday,only about five miles from my house,its amazing what is lurking on your own doorstep.Does anyone know if there was anything else of interest in the sale?

Nigel

I think this must be the truck a mate of mine saw being loaded onto a low loader yesterday,only about five miles from my house,its amazing what is lurking on your own doorstep.Does anyone know if there was anything else of interest in the sale?

Nigel

Nothing else military related, apart from some radio gear, the rest were film prop police cars, vans, workshop equipment etc, nothing went cheap!