cle trac

Willyslancs

Some nice pictures,thanks for posting!. I must do an update on mine now we have it running,still need to get the clutch working and after having the fuel pump rebuilt the carb now needs doing,sodding modern fuel!.

Hopefully there will eventually be enough demand for tracks to make having reproductions made viable.

Matt.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Does anyone know where the rubber track can be found or who has come up with a suitable alternative. As for the shoes, they can be re-vulcanised, but the actual continuous rubber assembly that the shoes attach too seem to be non-existent. Knowing how to source these tracks or adapt something else might mean that I will consider doing an M2 that is available. The only thing stopping me is the thought of doing the restoration, just to end up with a static display. I have tried to wrack my brain on how I could adapt something, including sandwiching conveyor belt together,adapting a Dunlop product that comes close or taking the extreamly expensive option and seeing if a company could make them from scratch. Any ideas?

Regards, OZITIM