MOD Record Plates

marvinthemartian

Question

If you have tarted up a distributer box or generator panel, and the record plate is scruffy and corroded, what do you do? I certain that they wont clean up, so it may be easier to make them up. The only way I can think of is mess around with Excel to create something alike, and possibly print it off onto white or maybe clear transfer paper, then a piece of ali sheet or plasticard used for the base. Then maybe a coating of sealer to stop the edges peeling up, and if I can aquire any rivets small enough, these could be simply glued into the existing mounting holes. I'm guessing this is the usual state of plates, well unless they're brand new of course!!

Against a shiny black unit it looks very shabby.

10.jpg

P240711_17.160001.JPG

2 answers to this question

Not sure, as there is still the aluminium corrosion lurking underneath, it'll give it a shine but don't think it will look right. I have finished farting around on excel and have come up with this, just printed it out onto photo paper at present and took a pic of it, if it was mounted on something thicker I reckon it would pass a close inspection.

P260711_22.070002.JPG