Cherished Vehicle Insurance - NO VEHICLE RECOVERY FROM MAY 2011

Our insurance is due up at the end of the month.

We were stunned to discover that since May 2011 there has been no breakdown recovery with Cherished Vehicle insurance on our HMV.

Good thing we didnt breakdown but they didnt tell us of the change until our policy was due for renewal.

D & J

Our insurance is due up at the end of the month.

We were stunned to discover that since May 2011 there has been no breakdown recovery with Cherished Vehicle insurance on our HMV.

Good thing we didnt breakdown but they didnt tell us of the change until our policy was due for renewal.

New military vehicle on the horizon?

A.A picked up the Quad no problem.

How much does it weigh? I only ask as I seem to remember that some recovery agents have a vehicle weight limit worth finding out if you're vehicle is covered before buying cover.

Edited by ferrettkitt

Isnt it the responsibility of the provider of the service to tell the user? and not the user having to search the internet to find a service they bought and paid for has been discontinued

Adrian Flux provide a full isnurance with Breakdown AND it covers commuting unlike Cherished Vehicles

D&J

Hi ...All insurance is regulated by the Financial Services Authority ..FSA

If you have a complaint or concern about your insurance you could consider writing to the insurers and raising a formal complaint ..This should be acknowledged and responded to fairly promptly ..If not satisfied you can then consider escalating the issue to the FSA ...

Jenkinov

Hi All

Just thought i would post a message to clear up any confusion.

Firstly anyone who bought a breakdown policy for a larger military vehicle IS covered, its just we wont be able to offer renewal of the breakdown policy although we will continue to offer cover for smaller traditional classics and military vehicles. We will also be able to continue to offer the actual insurance cover its just the breakdown cover we wont be able to going forward.

I hope this clears up any confusion, and as i always advise if you ever read anything on the internet that raises a query regarding Cherished Vehicle Insurance, dont worry, or speculate with others on a forum, just give us a call and talk it through with us and we will give you the full facts.

Best wishes

Peter McIlvenny

Head of Cherished Vehicle Insurance

Hi All

Firstly anyone who bought a breakdown policy for a larger military vehicle IS covered, its just we wont be able to offer renewal of the breakdown policy although we will continue to offer cover for smaller traditional classics and military vehicles. We will also be able to continue to offer the actual insurance cover its just the breakdown cover we wont be able to going forward.

I hope this clears up any confusion, and as i always advise if you ever read anything on the internet that raises a query regarding Cherished Vehicle Insurance, dont worry, or speculate with others on a forum, just give us a call and talk it through with us and we will give you the full facts.

Best wishes

Peter McIlvenny

Couldn't have said the bottom part of you're message any better forums and word of mouth isn't the same as receiving the correct information from the company that provides you're insurance.

Thank you for clearing that up, thread now closed.

Hi All

Best wishes

Peter McIlvenny