Jeep seat belts.

holte999

I have just read another thread about seat belts in a MV truck and it has made me think, I currently have just lap belts in my jeep would like to upgrade to 3 point diagnal as I dont want to have a close up view of the steering boss or metal dashboard, I have seen a couple on ebay but I dont think they are long enough so I just wondered what others have fitted and where they got them, I suppose retracting ones would be nice but would settle for static if easier.

Many regards Stew.

There is no way I would fit seat belts in my jeep. If you do you are strapped in in an upright position and if you roll your jeep you will be crushed unless you intend to fit a roll cage of some sort. John.

Blackpowder44

Fact of the matter is that in old vehicles without proper crumple zones and air-bags etc etc etc, that going around in them can never be as safe as a modern car. Any sort of medium to high speed impact is likely to be fatal. I agree in the scenario of a roll-over that your chance of survival is 'probably' greater if you can get thrown clear, however...... I put it to you that the majority of car accidents involve 'relatively' low speed impacts (up to 20mph) when:

a) you run into the back of someone,

b) someone runs into the back of you.

The latter has happened to me on three occasions (perhaps I'm just unlucky). Unrestrained in a Jeep, I'd pretty sure I'd have been killed in one of the impacts, and seriously injured in the other two.

Regards

Vulture

There is no way I would fit seat belts in my jeep. If you do you are strapped in in an upright position and if you roll your jeep you will be crushed unless you intend to fit a roll cage of some sort. John.

I was in the fire service for 30 years and attended many RTAs and only a small percentage were rollovers.