Paypal spam

ferrettkitt

I keep recieving an email that purports to be from Paypal with the heading Reminder: Your account will be limited If you not confirm your information.

The first issue for me is that it is arriving in an email address that I don't use in conjunction with Paypal. If you read the email even I can see a few basic errors in grammar and spelling which a large company like Paypal / ebay is unlikely to make. If unsure off an email check into you're account through the website and not through any links in the email.

The email address is Paypal Service and the email address is noreplyate paypal com(Dodgy)

The text is dodgy to say the least, at first it is conciliatory and then later its threatening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We need your help

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Paypal User,

We Reminder You " Your Paypal Account Well Be Limte If You Not Confirm it "

To Confirm Your Paypal Account Please Login To Your PayPal Link And Write Your Persenol And Card information Your Link : http //www paypal com-us sg(Mega Dodgy)

Dont Give That Link To Any Body

Case ID Number: PP-001-230-377-124

How you can help To Not Confirm It Again

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.

To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the Resolution Center.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Spaces and full stops removed in the links to make them inoperative

Last year I had 4 emails from Paypal telling me that my account had been suspended. It sort of looked genuine but each gave a difference reason for the suspension & none of the reasons rang true.

I didn't follow the links but logged into my account to find that it was suspended giving yet a further reason for the suspension & blaming me!

Repeated emails were met with automated replies that bore no relation to my problem & the queries that I had raised with all these varied reasons.

I rang them up to find that my foreign bank had unilaterally changed my sort code in their long drawn out assimilation of my British building society based account. It was appalling that my bank did not tell me & it is equally appalling that Paypal not only couldn't tell me the reason but chose to send multiple emails giving varied & spurious reasons for the suspension. It is regrettable that there was no tone of understanding or conciliation from the company or by the person that I contacted.

They didn't seem to grasp that multiple emails out of the blue with spurious statements relating to the suspension would naturally be regarded as suspicious which is why declined to respond to these emails directly. A bit like the attitude the banks have if they phone you, I am expected to prove who I am if I phone them but they cannot grasp that if they phone me I want them to prove who they are. They make no effort become obstinate & off hand recording on my notes that I was uncooperative. What do they expect? Anyway better not start ranting about arrogance in the banking system as I'll be here all night.

• 2 months later...

came home today looked in my paypal i was - nearly £700 in the red i never open spoof emails and always empty my junk box ect ! phoned paypal someones managed to hack my account . security team involved no money gone out of my bank

just be aware guys the hackers are getting smarter !

:computerrage:

• 4 weeks later...

The Tax man is in on it as well

I got this the yesterday there is an attachment that goes with it that looks convincing it asks for credit card details and lots of other information.

If these people could spell then we would all be in trouble.

4753e03aa8256-HMRC.jpg

Dear Applicant,

We have reviwed your tax return and our calculations of your last years accounts a tax refund of GBP 178.25 is due.

Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 3-6 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.

For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

Please download and submit the form attached to this email in order to complete your tax refund.

NOTICE:
Be aware that you must download the attachment to your personal computer because your webmail client may not support Java and this might cause you issues.

Best Regards,

HM Revenue & Customs

happened again paypal over £1600 in credit and £1500 due to go out of my bank beware ! i think they are getting through by hotmail ? ? :computerrage:

Change the email address that you log into paypal with and then change the password. It might be worth downloading a program that looks for spyware. Clear you're temp file and clear you're cookies, get into the habit of clearing both every week. I clear cookies and temp files in both internet explorer and chrome.

Change the email address that you log into paypal with and then change the password. It might be worth downloading a program that looks for spyware. Clear you're temp file and clear you're cookies, get into the habit of clearing both every week. I clear cookies and temp files in both internet explorer and chrome.

And Andy, If you would be kind enough to forward me your Bank account details.

I will clear your account out for you & 'tidy it up'!.....

I will also send you a packet of cookies!....................:-D

(PS: Also have a spare file in the Workshop if you want that as well!)

And Andy, If you would be kind enough to forward me your Bank account details.

I will clear your account out for you & 'tidy it up'!.....

I will also send you a packet of cookies!....................:-D

(PS: Also have a spare file in the Workshop if you want that as well!)

No worries will post up in just a sec just as soon as you send me some chocolate covered cookies, choc digestives or bourbons will do :angel: :D