Safety Release Valve

Does anyone know where I might get a Safety Release Valve for the first air tank on a Scammell Pioneer Braking System.Have seen a few but none with a whitworh thread , or an adaptor from whitworh to metric?

Cheers

Bryan

Bryan,

Are you certain it is a Whitworth thread in the air tank? I would have thought it more likely to be BSP, ie British Standard Pipe, and there should be a good chance of finding one with that thread.

Bryan,

Are you certain it is a Whitworth thread in the air tank? I would have thought it more likely to be BSP, ie British Standard Pipe, and there should be a good chance of finding one with that thread.

I just assumed it would be whitworth.If it turns out that it is BSP, is there any suppliers you can recomend?

Truck and Trailer Components catalogue lists a Knorr Bremse item with 1/2 NPTF thread, item # 71165. TTC items are available from all Intertruck factors and many other commercial vehicle factors as well.

I would certainly be inclined to try a local CV factor, should be an easy enough component to get hold of.

Good luck