Spotted Thursday

Paul Drake

Stunning snaps you luck so and so...... Can I camp in your back garden hehehe

I am lucky occasionally, normally most things will do a display over the airfield, which is too far away for photos with my camera, (unless I drive down there) but sometimes, things will do a long circuit, and if the other flats don't get in the way, I can get a decent piccy.

A beauty!

I assume that's the one that previously carried Red Bull colours?

I'm under the flight path for Waddington, had a C17 fly over today, usually see a few things that are due to be at their display appear in the weeks leading up to the airshow.

true, but if I remember correctly, it was a solid panel over him, not a glass and metal one!!!

Mark

Yes, there are versions with solid panels, flush with the fuselage, over the navigators cockpit.

The one in storage at Yeovilton is of that variant.

A beauty!

I assume that's the one that previously carried Red Bull colours?

I'm under the flight path for Waddington, had a C17 fly over today, usually see a few things that are due to be at their display appear in the weeks leading up to the airshow.

Yes G-CVIX (ex Red Bull Scheme) based here in Bournemouth. A lovely Aircraft.

Super shots of the Vixen! I have very fond memories of this aircraft when it was based at Llanbedr and have some pics of me and my brother sat in the cockpit of this,and most of the other aircraft based there!. The last time I actually saw it fly was when it left Llanbedr for the final time with Seppi at the controls.

One of our stripy Sea King Mk4 on approach to Yeovilton, I think the 1969-2009 on the nose must relate to the introduction of the Sea King.

Also spotted a Sea King Mk5, totally grey, which must make it XV651, now operated out of Fleetlands, but didn't manage to get a pic of that one.

sea king.jpg

• 1 month later...