Hi,

I need to buy a 45 gallon drum (or for metric people 205L drum) of anti-freeze. I need it for aluminium and cast iron engines but it also needs to be used on vintage engines.

Each time I have come across a suitable anti-freeze in the small print of when I ask the question they say it is not suitable for the older engines.

Your views/recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

Comma probably manufacture more AF than anybody else in Uk.

The technical datasheet for the industry standard Super Coldmaster , states Alloy / Iron.

Are you afraid your engine has some sort of inferior aluminium alloy from WW2 ?

If you don't by a off-shelf product - who is going to mix you a drum to your specific requirements ?

Seems no get out clause to me , why don't you send a email with a specific question or to , specific query = specific answer..

SUPERCOLDMASTER

APPLICATION

• A Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG) based engine coolant / anti-freeze concentrate.

• Suitable for use in all types of vehicle requiring an MEG coolant.

PROPERTIES

• Protects for 2 years.

• Helps prevent winter freezing and summer boil over. Also improves heat transfer.

• Pure glycol formulation contains no flammable alcohol or methanol.

• NAP (Nitrite, Phosphate and Amine) free.

• Suitable for Ferrous and Aluminium engines.

• Meets BS6580 – 1992, ASTM D1384, D2750 and D4340, SAE J1034.

TYPICAL INSPECTION DATA

Appearance Clear blue liquid

Specific Gravity @ 20°C 1.123

Boiling Point Min 155 °C

Protection levels

Supercoldmaster (%) Approx. Protection (°C)

25 -11

33 -18

50 -34

DIRECTIONS FOR USE

• Dilute with water, as recommended by your vehicle handbook.

• Minor spills should be soaked up with oil absorbent granules, sand or dirt. The spillage site

should then be washed with soapy water and dried.

HANDLING

• Wash off any spillage on paintwork immediately.

• Keep away from foodstuffs and oxidising agents.

• Store in airtight container.

• Avoid galvanised containers for storage or dispensing as they will corrode and contaminate the

product.

SHELF LIFE

• 3 years from date of manufacture.

• Manufacture date can be identified from a five figure code printed on the bottle. The first three

figures indicate the consecutive day of the year, the last two figures the year.

md 14/04/2009

Ah, I understand now - you certainly don't want any litigation growing in your cooling system. :banana:

With the water round here (London) Bl**dy shraprnel is more likley! I always use the Army Reipe' 'Use rain water in cooling system'. Or pile the defrosting results of frezer and fridge in a plastic bucket. Sour subject just at moment, so far I've spent two days dismantaling interior of Volvo due to heater leack! Lossing the will to live! :nut:

This is why they sell pre-mixed , I always use it for first fill after flushing - then only top up with neat.

I once had a company car supposedly serviced at a franchise dealership and logged as AF changed at last service. Going up the incline on the A19 River Tees in heavy traffic at -10C I heard the pump start crunching ice , it boiled up before I could find a safe pull in near Middlesbrough..