Price guidance please. Bedford MW

No Signals

I've no experience of these vehicles, but I've come across one in a scrap yard. It seems reasonably complete but obviously has been outside a long time. The owner says he is 'going to do it up', but then again his father has been going to do that for the last sixty years and he isnt going to be any different. What is the top I should offer, given that there is the chance that everything will need working on? I think the sight of pound notes might work. Any input appreciated.

Cheers fellas. I'll hold on the Ant at the moment, probably the chance that bits will be very few and far between. I did notice in another thread though that another member was after one, maybe he might be up for it? The Bedford is more of an achievable project in that I've now come across a second in a similar state! The only thing that really bothers me though, is why cant they be as good looking as a Dodge? :-D

I've no experience of these vehicles, but I've come across one in a scrap yard. It seems reasonably complete but obviously has been outside a long time. The owner says he is 'going to do it up', but then again his father has been going to do that for the last sixty years and he isn't going to be any different. What is the top I should offer, given that there is the chance that everything will need working on? I think the sight of pound notes might work. Any input appreciated.

£500 would be a steal and as someone else has said a £1000 would be about right for a project that may take 2 to 3 years to complete. MW's may not be pretty but then they are not as ugly as an Ant.

Parts for all the Bedford range are easy to come by and the wood work and tin work is fairly straightforward with a few basic skills you can turn out a good result. It will be a good project and worthwhile to do............. go for it. :goodidea:

Pete

an A1 bedofrd will go for about 5-6k & a doer upper for about 2-3k

anything less is a bargain, these are going up in price as they are not as readily available as some vehicles,they are british & they fit on a normal driveway.

British vehicles are becoming more popular.

The wings are pretty rare to get hold of & the aero screen mounts & frames are almost non existant

hope you get what you want at the right price

Berni

ps i think they look like cute puppy dogs, how can you say they look ugly :-D

Now, now... I never said they were ugly. Just not as pretty as the Yank. :-)

Go on then, yeh - dog ugly :-D :-D

So if I get the pair for less than a grand I'll take it I've done well.

Berni's other half here ( Russ ) If you can get both at that price then rip the guys arm off . The little MW is the most liked and wanted by any mv nutter that has a love for British vehicle's .

How complete are they ? , what's missing ? , what need's replacing ? , Early model or late model ? and i want them :wink:

I'll keep the thread posted regarding progress. These things rarely turn out ot be as straightforward as we hope, as I'm sure you'll be aware. Initially they weren't for sale at all. One of them was well hidden. The old guy I think is relenting as we have got on well and he can see I am serious about old stuff. His 'lad' (must be fifty odd himself) is a different ball game, not as easy to talk to at all. Thing is though that there are so many potential (desirable) restoration projects in the back of the yard that even he is perhaps realising he'll never do them all. (My bet is he wont do any). Large sums of money have not been mentioned. If I can get them for hundreds I will, but if I have to get them at the top market rate then I'll get one, leaving me some spare dosh for doing it up. Dont know enough about the marque to tell an early from a late etc (be lying if I said I knew anything about them really! :-) ) They seem reasonably complete. No obvious big lumps missing but one of them is more weather beaten than the other. Neither have the aero screens (from memory).